Skip to content

I feel terrible now.

So I was playing BG, right? So, I really needed to get to the Friendly Arm Inn. Roleplaying reasons, and whatnot. I had just gotten into Beregost at like 7 in the morning game time, and my group hadn't rested. So I clicked on the wheel to leave the area, and what should happen just as the world map was about to load?
...Xan became fatigued.
It didn't register in my mind in time. I'd already clicked on the Friendly Arm Inn.
I just forced poor Xan to make a twelve hour journey while he was freaking exhausted. It's a wonder he didn't just keel over or something, you know, being Xan and all.
. -c .
I.
I feel like a horrible person now.
He is probably feeling absolutely miserable at this point and it is all my fault.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    He is always feeling miserable.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Life is so hollow.
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    How long do you intend to crack your whip on my back?!
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078

Damn, that sounds familiar. I know that's not one of Xan's lines though. Who says it again? I am like almost certain I have heard it before.

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Viconia + Xan romance?

I'd download it.
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277

Damn, that sounds familiar. I know that's not one of Xan's lines though. Who says it again? I am like almost certain I have heard it before.

Viconia. When she says that, I generally rest ASAP.

Also like Jaheira's too. "I've just about seen enough waking hours, slave driver!"
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    I've done had enough of this.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Not a surprise with that constitution of his, he is a really flimsy elf. Buy him some potions of fortitude, he will feel healthy, fit and energetic for a while. He may even not be all that pessimistic while at it.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    The only responsible thing anyone with a conscience could do in such a case is now try to cheer him up somehow. :D
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Cheer up Xan, @Lemernis? Lol! That must surely be as futile a quest as Xan thinks every other quest is!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    He'll resent you forever now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Have Imoen dye his hair and fingernails in pink! It was fun in BG1NPC mod! :-D
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    To end...like this?

Kidding. Kidding. In all honesty, just give him some alone time with his moonblade. *cues romantic music.* XD
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @SapphireIce101
    and then in that moment i swear i fell over laughing
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I always do that. They can sleep when they're dead.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @LadyEibhilinRhett - What can I say? I like shipping Xan and his moonblade together. Its like Sméagol/Gollum x Ring. Its the best pairing ever. Which is actually sad because I'm re-installing my BG2 mods with Xan v10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    The NPCs complain about sleeping far too often, I just ignore them. They can sleep on their own time, I'm trying to solve an iron crisis!
    The only time I feel bad is when I kick someone from the group, especially Imoen. She seems really sad and I feel I'm letting her down. It's not you it's me Imoen!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    His chances of sleep were doomed to begin with, not even worth the effort of trying. But I assume that by now he's seen the futility of it all.

Good work.