Skip to content

Shadowstep

I still can't figure out how to use the shadowstep ability. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It can not be used when an enemy is nearby. (Bug or feature?) Only useful for covering a good distance before combat starts while time is practicaly stopped for everyone. You can position your char to a safe shadowy place and hide and plan your attack.
  • blipmusicblipmusic Member Posts: 36
    Sorry, I don't have a SD high level enough to have actually gained Shadowstep yet since I'm going back and forth as to what class I'd like to take over to BG2:EE but AFAIK the ability is currently bugged.

That's bugged to the extent that it's only usable *out of* combat if I've understood the situation correctly. Overall, the kit seems to have a few problems ATM, such as cooldowns not going off for HiPS unless you fail the check. (this is where I'd like someone to chime in to confirm whether in-combat Shadowstep works or not)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Also, +1 saving throw does not seem to work. And backstab modifier is not reduced. Still, the kit is fun for HiPS.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I'm like 95% sure I've seen one of the beta testers confirm that not being able to use shadowstep in combat is a bug.
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    About the shadowstep ability, as Aosaw said:
    Aosaw said:

Shadowstep was intended to be usable during combat but not allow combat actions during the effect; the idea being that you can use it when a fight becomes too much, move out of the area, and then regroup or take to the shadows.

There are other applications, naturally, but that's how it's supposed to work.

So, with all this bugs, we need to wait the next patch to be able to judge the ShadowDancer class.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2013
    BJMJD said:

So, with all this bugs, we need to wait the next patch to be able to judge the ShadowDancer class.

You could do that...

Or you could download the quick fixes I threw together for the SD bugs that I provided for the impatient ones such as myself.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16394/bug-shadow-dancers-bugs

Edit: Or you could wait... The fix wasn't working properly.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    edited March 2013
    Ive only managed to make shadow step work with dual classing
    Post edited by mjs on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well I do have the fix working now but I'm not sure I want to give it out or not after the first time when I screwed up.