Skip to content

Sparring Dummies Durlag's Tower Bug

PzyberPzyber Member Posts: 3
Something must have messed up when changing the sparring dummies from hostile to neutral.

It took me long time to figure out that the silver one now has its circle not on the sparring dummy itself but in the middle of the room...

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I don't see anything wrong
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I don't think this is the first time this has been reported. I have never had the problem but it seems like several others have...
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Maybe the dummy flees or get bumped somehow after a rest (like the ghoul moves into the acid pool). I will check that.
  • jwr1ckertjwr1ckert Member Posts: 5
    I can't get the dummies to fight. The first time I enter the room i just get the dialogue icon and 'The Dummy has nothing to say'. Is this a bug or is there something I need to do? I've tried both with and without I.E.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @jwr1ckert could you please upload a zipped/rar'd saved game?? You can find your save game files in Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/save, the save is composed by the entire 0000000 folder.
    Thanks very much. Here's the zip file.
    Here is your saved game :) I just attacked the dummy that opens the door.

@Avenger_teambg‌ Seems like they fail to turn hostile. I consider it a grade C bug with a very easy workaround, but most people don't know that it will open the doors anyway, hostile or not.

Worst thing is that I also found this in my Priest of Lathander solo run and didn't notice that it was a bug :/ metagame knowledge made me hit the dummy when I first saw it.
    You rule! Thanks so much. I live to fight another day.
  • wkotchianwkotchian Member Posts: 3
    @CrevsDaak‌ I'm probably having a similar issue. The dummies can't be attacked. Here is a copy of my saved game if you can help.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @wkotchian - Are you force attacking the sparring dummies? (To force attack click on your weapon and then on the sparring dummie's blue circle).

They aren't supposed to turn hostile anymore since that was a bit strange and also gave the puzzle away.
    hook71 said:

They aren't supposed to turn hostile anymore since that was a bit strange and also gave the puzzle away.

That puzzled me, really, and probably to all the old players who are aware that they should be turning hostile at some point.

@wkotchian‌ your save seems to work fine after I force attack the dummies :)
    @hook71 @CrevsDaak‌ I've tried force-attacking them... I click on my equipped weapon then click on the blue "talk to the npc" circle on the dummy. It just says "sparring dummy has nothing to say to you". Not sure why it works for you but not me.
    @wkotchian‌ make sure that the border of the weapon you are using is orange and not green.
    ah! thanks!