Skip to content

Found early game exploit ^ ^

The game was hard :P until I started getting ambushed between Nashkel and the Gnoll fortress by the white wolf that shoots an ice breath attack thingy. Thanks to Gorion leaving me his ice resist belt, I send my weakest character forward to absorb all the blows and then pelt it with bullets and arrows with my party behind my girdle wearer. East 900+ exp then sell the fur for 500g :P I was lvl 3 before reaching the Nashkel mines :D

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    My party is usually level 3 before I make it to Nashkel......
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I did this on my first playthrough. I have fond memories of that time.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    That is not an exploit, it's a valid game option. Heck, you can do much, much more silly stuff even earlier in the game (such as farming Candlekeep guards for loads of money).
    TJ_HookerSpaceInvader
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831

That is not an exploit, it's a valid game option. Heck, you can do much, much more silly stuff even earlier in the game (such as farming Candlekeep guards for loads of money).

And experience... so that you're level 4-5 before you even leave Candlekeep :P

SpaceInvader
  • GeodessiaGeodessia Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Oh jeez, :P I'm such a noober
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Geodessia really? Do you also say "Heya!" and "What about now?" a lot?
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050

"Ummm Gorion, I hope you don't mind, but I pretty much slaughtered everyone on the keep."
    Jackkel_Dragon
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    @Geodessia

What about now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Tresset said:

@Geodessia really? Do you also say "Heya!" and "What about now?" a lot?

Most people who say "Heya!" need killing, but not all!

(Specifically, Imoen. Of course, some people hate Imoen, and they are entitled to have that opinion even if it is objectively wrong.)
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

'Farming Candlekeep guards'... For some reason that made me imagine a plain full og Candlekeep guards strolling about like cows. Sorry, the expression was just too funny not to quote. Made my day. :p
    NifftEudaemonium
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

'Farming Candlekeep guards'... For some reason that made me imagine a plain full og Candlekeep guards strolling about like cows. Sorry, the expression was just too funny not to quote. Made my day. :p
    Well, if they didn't want to be cattle, then they should've joined the army.
    EudaemoniumKidCarnival
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Some more places to farm that are quite easy.

1.) Sirenes. Bring someone that is immune to charm (Barbarian, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Berserk) and it's easy experience. Just make sure you go into melee it them as their Arrows of Biting hurts.

2.) Ankhegs. Same goes for theese as with sirenes, you want to get into melee combat with them OR use belt of piercing / boots of avoidance. The best and most effective way of farming them is using the Wand of Sleep or the sleep spell (Mage level). You can put down anything from 1 to 4 ankeghs at once with this spell.

3.) Basilisks. This is a once upon game trick, but get Korax the ghoul to tank the basilisks (Immune to stone) or the more reliable get a scroll of protection from petrify from Carnival vendor and put it on a fighter with oil of speed and he can run through the whole map and collect those 20K+ experience.

There are many more aswell, but i tend to use theese if i need some quick XP (Getting back dual class level or such).
    KidCarnivalsmeagolheart