Skip to content

Possibility of adding a dragon to BG:EE?

MikeMike Member Posts: 65
Hey guys I know this question has probably been asked before but I can't find it anywhere.

My question is since BG:EE is using the BG2 engine would it be possible to add a dragon in some user created region to battle for an artifact level item for an extra challenge quest? I noticed that using EE keeper you can change your appearance to that of a dragon so I thought it would make for a pretty epic side quest to mod in an area with a dragon who held a custom item of immense value.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CuChoinneachCuChoinneach Member Posts: 105
    We are actually doing this in our mod DSotSC (Dark Side of the Sword Coast), and it was a feature of the original release back in 1999. The BG:EE version will have the dragon animations from BG2.
  • MikeMike Member Posts: 65
    Thank you CuChoinneach! How is that mod coming along? It sounds like something I would like to add to my playing experience.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Con arguments against this is that Wyverns are BG1s dragons and a low level party shouldn't be fighting with awesome dragons, that's higher level older brother type parties only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Maybe a very small dragon. I still remember the feeling when i first saw Firkraag in BG2...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    When I first saw Firkraag my reaction was "How am I supposed to defeat a red dragon?" Now you should see my face when he first used his wings and scattered my party...
    In DSotSC, "Salandiaxarxes" is a young adult Forest/Green Dragon (approx age 52/ Lvl 12). You will not encounter him until you and your party are around lvl 7 or 8. (Just better have your acid resist spells ready!)
    Bhaaldog said:

Con arguments against this is that Wyverns are BG1s dragons and a low level party shouldn't be fighting with awesome dragons, that's higher level older brother type parties only.

Where is your sense of adventurer @smeagolheart ! Nothing would be better than to test my magical capabilities against a worthy adversary such as an adult dragon in BG EE...
    I agree. I didn't say they were my arguments, just regurgitating the gist of a conversation I've seen around these parts that seemed to answer the question of dragons in BG1.
    Bhaaldog said:

That reminds me, what about a two headed dragon!

And the two headed giants from IWD while we are at it. And Chimera. And Manticores. And Serpents with multiple heads. And Giant Arse snakes like Conan fights in the "real" Conan movie (not the lousy remake).

moare is merrier. :)

Bhaaldog said:

That reminds me, what about a two headed dragon!

And the two headed giants from IWD while we are at it. And Chimera. And Manticores. And Serpents with multiple heads. And Giant Arse snakes like Conan fights in the "real" Conan movie (not the lousy remake).

moare is merrier. :)
    Wait, did they not have a giant snake in the new Conan film? That was the best part of the original...
    edited March 2013
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    I saw the new conan film. And it is an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back. Conan is just pretty meh, just another dude running around. When it was Ahnold, Conan was the MAN.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I confess I watched Dragonball Evolution on TV I didn't rent it or went to the movies...
    I'm pretty sure that that movie matches H.P. Lovecraft's description of an 'eldritch abomination'.