Skip to content

Where do you hail from BG forum/community-wise?

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
I'm curious to know where folks have hung out over the years as BG afficianados.

I spent most of my time at Planet Baldur's Gate (aka "The Baldur's Gate Chronicles"). I also frequented Iron Works a fair bit for a couple years. There was a fun and tumultuous forum that ran a short while caled The Mithril Hall that I remember rather fondly. Got interested in what Gibberlings 3 was doing, and playtested and posted there, even had a hand in creating a mod (a not completely finished but usable one).

Anyway, if you've ever been part of a BG community where do you hail from?

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    edited July 2012
    Mainly Spellhold Studios, followed by Gibberlings Three and Pocket Plane Group.
    Post edited by AndreaColombo on
    @CamDawg - limited? Come on, don't be shy...!! ;-)
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Planet BG
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited July 2012
    @AndreaColombo My humor runs to the understated side. :) Plus, it cracks me up to no end that I'm user #8 at G3.
    @CamDawg - mine seems to be running to the I-don't-get-obvious-jokes side, recently :)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I hail from the bioware forums. It's too bad the forums were started anew two years ago and all old fora where flushed down the drain a few months later, as there were lots of useful topics about dealing with different situations in-game, lots of tactical discussions, no-reload challenges and other playthroughs that were sometimes very well-written.
  • JanwinJanwin Member Posts: 4
    Planet Baldurs Gate was my haunt when I got the itch for Cloak Wood Forest
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    Mostly I hang out at Spellhold Studios, through I also spend part of it on DnD Online Games (of which @Aosaw is a staff member)
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I'm a newb.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    I've floated about and visited various places like Teamb BG, Bioware Forums and Pocket Plane but only really taken part a lot at the Black Isle Studios forums if anyone remembers there.

As online communities go, the BG community is pretty old and I dare say the oldest video game one. 14 years and going strong.
  • DMZDMZ Member Posts: 39
    PlanetBaldursGate Forums until they were closed a few months ago. The only reason I am here, by the way.
    @DMZ we're really happy you're here too, buddy. :D
    @paulsifer42 It's not like that ;) The closing of the forums was the only reason I started paying attention to other forums :D All the information and good memories was on PBGF.
    @DMZ Nah, I figured that, it's just hard to get inflection over the internet, just giving you a hard time.
    @paulsifer42 You'll need Lilarcor's brother to actually give me a hard time.
    @DMZ We ought to get along just fine then. :)
    @paulsifer42 I gander, we just may. I have a little camp next to Nashkel, care to join me?
    @DMZ Gathering my party now. Dammnit guys, get to edge of the screen with me. No, just because I get here you shouldn't stop walking. It might be a bit DMZ.
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    This is pretty much my first time on a Baldur's Gate forum, while my experience with forums comes from the Adult Swim boards.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Longtime forum lurker here. I've guest viewed the boards o' magic, ironworks, gamefaqs etc but never signed up and posted much before.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Black Isle boards, Forgotten Wars (later became SHS), TeamBG, etc. Now here and BSN (and still SHS).
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Old BioWare Forumite since July 2007, stayed in that place until late 2009 and under the "tutelage" of the legendary member Frabjous I literally discovered everything there was to know about Baldur's Gate (note, not really tutelage, but reading his posts was like classical music).
    I have been a No-reloader there for some time, and if you read at least a BIT those threads, you might remember me with my Star Run (which was basically 4 stars put inside Baldur's Gate)

I moved on to the BSN in 2009, abandoning the old boards for about a year (keeping in mind that they got locked off completely by 2011 and cancelled after a hacker attack later on the same year), been active on those boards quite a whole damn lot actually. Managed to keep my inner calm there and somehow reached around 150 friends on that place (?!?). I also created my special "boovatars" there (basically meaning boo-avatar. Boo dressed in various ways). Left the BSN after simply having enough about senseless non-gaming related rants on the place (it became more and more like any other standard social network in the end) and quit it June 2011 I believe. Everything went uphill ever since then!

Oh, and I wasn't Cheesebelly back then. I was dark-lauron, from the House of Lunatics :P (so if anyone happens to remember me for some random reason, do send a PM, I'll feel all cozy and warm inside :3 )
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Baldur's Gate Chronicles since the day Baldur's Gate 2 was announced, which turned into Planet Baldur's Gate soon after. We had many spam battles and dead fish spawning pools and threats of throwing people in the pit of Horny Anomens. Good times. Forum closed a few weeks ago.
    @Drugar I remember you!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @DMZ
    I don't remember you!

Well, vaguely. I think you came in when I was only stopping by once a week or so. Or you changed your username.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Am I the only one who used the IRONWORKS FORUM? It had a great BG community WAY back 10 years ago. The place is all but deserted now, though their archives for the BG games are still fun to read, full of lots of good info and AARs.
    @Drugar: I'm Tarron Hammerhead.
    @Space_hamster: Hmm, maybe I should check that one.
  • AceofWandsAceofWands Member Posts: 33
    Started on the old BIS forums and then on the Bioware forums on and off for about errrr.... 10 years.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Been lurking a long time on SHS/G3/baldursgateworld (french) and only since recently I have been participating regularly (even moreso since BG:EE was announced)