Skip to content

Baaldurs Gate Enhanced Edition in 3D?

MarvokoMarvoko Member Posts: 1
Will be the Enhanced Edition in 3D? Or they only make the Graphics better but it will be in 2D?

Hope you can help me.

Comments

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    It remains an isometric 2d game.
  • CrystarkCrystark Member Posts: 22
    As i just discovered :
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1588/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-cant-be-done

Anyone knowing what are the things that are planned to be done that will be part of the "enhanced" ?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    TrentOster twittered recently that news about BGEE will be coming soon.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Crystark : we don't know ALL yet, but two new questlines, new characters, better user interface, more resolutions, better, improved settings. Sadly, graphics will largely stay untouched, but I don't mind that, since BG graphics aged pretty much fantastically.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2012
    Actually, graphics will improve, but since the art will be the same it won't look "different".

High resolutions and zooming, together with tweaks, conversion to openGL and upscaling, along with whatever more they decided to do with colours etc etc, could might as well mean no more pixelated avatars and richer in colour :o

We'll just wait for the news and see.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I like my games better in 2D.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    The title says "Baaldurs Gate Enhanced Edition in 3D?"

Never thought about it, will Bhaaldurs Gate be more fitting??
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    *facepalm*
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    I was always partial to Bladur's Gate. The game takes on a certain sense of... urgency, that way.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    LOL! Bhaaldur's Gate.
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    Wasn't that that a typo by Trent on Twitter as well? Bladur's Gate should be a rhythm swordplay iOS/Android game...
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @William_Imm He's made a few similar typos on Twitter, on which he commented:

"When twittering I often cock up spelling. I've got a few I love like Bhall, Ehnanced Edition, Bladur's Gate. All good stuff"
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    edited July 2012
    If you're looking for 3d, there is a NWN2 version of BG1 being released in September if you fancy BG1 in 3d (so, around about the time of BG:EE). I hate the NWN2 engine but I'll probably give it a go.

Pic: http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/drechner_BG/BG11.jpg

• ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    @FrozenCells: Sweet I was not aware of thid project. I'm gonna reinstall NWN2 if this mod gets out :)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I'm still trying to forget anything related to NWN2 :X oh well :p
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839

If you're looking for 3d, there is a NWN2 version of BG1 being released in September if you fancy BG1 in 3d (so, around about the time of BG:EE). I hate the NWN2 engine but I'll probably give it a go.

Pic: http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/drechner_BG/BG11.jpg

Wow, that looks supersweet!
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Lol !!

Im into the old stuff.. Too overwhelming that one @Cuv ;)
    Then how about some fun? Irenicus meets Hawke! Apologize for the crappy sounds and music flow... it was an April Fools joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ys9QH6WIkI&feature=youtu.be
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Christ !! Reminds me of robocop :

Please stop @Cuv hehehe.....
    @lordkim LOL I will cease! Just modeled him from his concept art... but could have used yours just as easy:P
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    That looked pretty cool Cuv. I've alwys thought BG would translate well to a new engine as some form of mod. I take it DA only lets restricted size party though? not 6 people?
    @SirBuliwyf Yes, 4 party max.... but we are working on that!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    LOL Irenicus is really the spit image of robocop! Never tought about that before! By the way Redux was a nice mod/DLC, just played it a little, as redux only cover for the Irenicus Dungeon, so no much sense in invest time there. Dragon Age engine was nice, but take the permanent death and one time spells from the game, making mages too lame :).
    Still working on this... city of Athkatla is next. http://social.bioware.com/project/4831/#gallery

@kamuizin yeah, the engine limitations really suck, but heh. Working on those two points.

But happy that BGEE is in the works now... I too would much rather play the original enhanced.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    No doubt.... Infinity Engine RULES!! :-)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    @Cuv
    pretty good work you guys are doing there. Some areas look a bit to clean and empty to me but nonetheless nice design:)
  • suchosssuchoss Member Posts: 16
    I dont really like 3D in games like BG. I think this 3D is disturbing and confusing. I like clear environment and easy graphic. Too many effects ruins the game.