Skip to content

BG Reloaded

A 3d fan made version of BG.
FlashburnEudaemoniumMontresor_SPlunarAHFKidCarnivalsecretmantraAnduinAristilliusStickanreedmilfamFinneousPJStrayedMonkeyRedGuard

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Impressive!
    KidCarnivalShapiroKeatsDarkMageEudaemonium
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Doesn't look like Infinity Engine at all! Is this really a mod, or is it a port to a different engine?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited March 2013
    Looks like someone's recreating Baldur's Gate using NWN2's toolset. I'd play it!
    TJ_Hookerlolien
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Doesn't look like Infinity Engine at all! Is this really a mod, or is it a port to a different engine?

This is definitely not the Infinity Engine.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Isn't it the Dragon Age mod port of BG2? It's the Eclipse engine, then.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Its a NWN2 mod i think.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    In the loading screen you can see: "For the latest news on NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer" etc so it's definitely NWN2 :)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013

Isn't it the Dragon Age mod port of BG2? It's the Eclipse engine, then.

That's a different one, called Baldur's Gate II Redux, which I believe is the work of our very own @Cuv (and presumably others).
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Yup, NWN2 mod, and it looks really impressive. I've been lurking over on the forums and that mod for well over a year and a half. I'm excited for its eventual release. That video makes it look very well polished!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Thanks.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I died then Baldur's gate reloaded and I tried different tactics.
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

Nice. I enjoy seeing the game through the eyes of this engine.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Is it just me... Or having Imoen wave you off... just seemed right, proper and WHY THE HELL WAS IT NOT IN THE ORIGINAL!?!

Me like, but not like the long loading times and the lack of a god like view...
    [Deleted User]Aristilliuslolien
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Definitely NWN2 engine. I'd recognize it anywhere. I have seen several attempts to bring Baldur's gate to NWN2. This looks by far to be the best. I for one will definitely be downloading it in June.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Very cool. I might actually get some use out of my copy of NWN2 after all...
    @Anduin, you get used to the longer load times if you play NWN2. You can put it down to better(ish) graphics.

As for God POV, you have that option in the game but not all of the POV modes play the same. And you are always going to be a lot closer to the PC than you are in BG. It is the design concept they went with.
    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @the_spyder I think BG:EE has spoilt me!
    Oh, tell me about it. I was a huge BG fan long before NWN2 came out. Subsequent games are good and enjoyable, but BG is the king. And BG:EE even more so.

Just saying that NWN2 isn't a bad game. And that this looks to be another way to enjoy that which BG offers. From the little I have seen of the trailer and the several other attempts at remaking BG into the NWN2 engine, I'd bet there is some fun to be had out of the project.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Anyone else finding the battle scene between Sarevok and Gorion to be lacking? Not to say that their not doing an really good job on getting everything like it's suppose to be, but that fight scene was just blah.

Also who else was going skip it when the introduction to the prologue was playing?
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    They are busy for a long time. This project is mostly the work of 2 poeple and its running for years. I realy look forward for the completed version.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I will get excited when it is actually released. I know, I know, that is pretty jaded, but as I have experienced many a "oooh, that is going to be good!" and it never actually gets released sort of thing, I have become more cautious regarding such releases these days.

I remember the Cody Initiative (Planescape) and DLA (Dragonlance Adventures) from yore...attempted ports of those respective games to NWN. And NWN2 is just sooooo much harder to port games to, requiring a much higher level of skill.

I hope they succeed, of course. But we will see.
    reedmilfam
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It is nice seeing Candlekeep from eye-level view, I must say. I don't have NwN2 installed on my new system, but I could always dig out the CD's for a re-install if something drew me in that direction.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FinneousPJTJ_HookerCalmar
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688

But... but... how can I spam backstabs with my kensai-thief without a fog of war????? :P

Anyone else finding the battle scene between Sarevok and Gorion to be lacking? Not to say that their not doing an really good job on getting everything like it's suppose to be, but that fight scene was just blah.

Umm, watching that was like riding a roller coaster, compared to how that fight scene is in BG1...
    I agree. Enhanced Edition gives it a real boost, though.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    My favourite in EE is that Sarevok finishes Gorion with Deathbringer Assault. I loved that nice little touch.
    [Deleted User]