Skip to content

Give 'Rare Selection' sounds to the EE NPCs

Hey all!

One of the things that gave the old NPCs charm was their rare selection lines, like Edwin's complaints about Elminster or how not to interrupt him while he was plotting your downfall. More than this, they broke up the monotony of gameplay by occasionally breaking up the flow of 'yes>' 'what is it?' 'as you command.' etc.

I was saddened that the EE NPCs lack these rare lines, despite their large volume of voiced content, and would like to see them included in a future patch (or in BG2:EE and retroactively applied), as they add a certain charm to the characters. I hope Overhaul will consider adding in the 3-4 lines per character when they next have the voiceactors in to record content. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Not only that but they should include 3 insult/compliment/special sounds for each NPC via the interact.2da file. And maybe 2 insult response/compliment response sound files for each NPC. Not so much for the new NPCs to talk to the old, but for the old ones to actively send banter to the new.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,551
    edited April 2013
    I sent the request. I love the idea!
    Now it is time to think what they could say in those lines :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Oh, also, reaction lines due to +/- Reputation, which they also don't have for some reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Currently my rep-ups go:

Edwin: I thought I could tihnk no less of this groups, but with THIS behaviour...
    Viconia: Surfacedwellers can be *so* stupid.
    Xzar: Must we be so INSUFFERABLY CHARITABLE!
    Shar-Teel: This is the kind of stupidity we get with male leadership.
    Female Charname: Shar, do I look like a man to you?

Everyone turns to Dorn.

Dorn: It will be even bloodier than you hoped!

*Facepalms all round*
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,551

Oh, also, reaction lines due to +/- Reputation, which they also don't have for some reason.

I preceded you :)
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I approve of this thread.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    +1