Skip to content

Cannot fast travel (intermittent bug)

ij2ij2 Member Posts: 4
edited April 2013 in Not An Issue
For the past couple days I have been having trouble when trying to fast travel (single player).

I move my party to the edge of the screen, click to bring up the map for fast travel and select a location...and then the game crashes.
If I reload the quicksave JUST before travel, it continues to crash if I try to travel to the same location (but I can travel to different locations).

For example, I currently have a quick save where I am at the SW corner of Nashkel. If I try to fast travel to Nashkel Mines it crashes. But if I travel to the forest directly South, there is no problem. This problem persists even when I restart Steam.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Does the game crash when traveling anywhere other than the Nashkel mines? It may be the special encounter that takes place on the way there that is doing this...
  • ij2ij2 Member Posts: 4
    at the moment, it seems to crash whenever I try to travel to a location I've never visited before...not just Nashkel Mines
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    That is really strange. What system are you playing on? Does traveling to a new area ever work? Maybe you could try to repair the install (just a wild hunch)?
    I traveled to a known location and was able to travel to new locations...except Nashkel Mines...I'll try repairing the installation
    verified the local game files in steam...8 files not found and were re-downloaded...everything works fine now :)