Skip to content

Ranged characters bug and alt tab bug

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Need to expose 2 problematic bugs that i'm facing atm:

1° - Ranged characters in my party act normal only when i give direct commands.

Current behavior:

When a ranged character change his target by the use of the AI (after killing the previous target or for other reason), they all walk for a melee distance between their target, even when they have ranged weapons with ammunition at their hands.

Expected behavior:

The NPCs shoudn't walk to the enemy when using ranged weapons after change a target with the AI, they should attack their targets from the normal ranged distance of their weapons.

2° minimize the screen by alt+tab often lead to some interface problems.

Current behavior:

After i alt+tab the game and maximise it back, the mouse in the game got some bugs, sometimes the cursor appears with the symbol of the insurmountable path when i put it over the NPCs portraits, other times i can't use the below command interface, if i try to reach the character commands, in the moment my cursor touch it, the game start to push down the screen, making that part of the screen unreachable.

Expected behavior:

Not the current one.

Follow attached my chitin.key file (which i think replaces bgmain in BG EE), i changed it extension to .txt cos the attachment file resource doesn't allow me to attach a .key file, so just change it back. Also i send my actual game for test reasons.

Comments

• riTk0MAriTk0MA Member Posts: 8
    Workaround: Before alt+tabbing, press alt+enter to move from fullscreen to windowed.
    I now use a maximised window instead of fullscreen because of this bug.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    riTk0MA said:

Workaround: Before alt+tabbing, press alt+enter to move from fullscreen to windowed.
    I now use a maximised window instead of fullscreen because of this bug.

It's a way out, i navigate through the other screens also to fix the alt+tab problem (click on map, chacter screen, options screen).

But a fix would be nice in a later path.

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I've never had the Alt+Tab problem, always worked fine for me. But the ranged character problem has always annoyed me.
    edited April 2013
    New Bug found:

The environment sound in baldur's gate east sector (entrance of baldur's gate) is with glitch. It ressembles the sound of an old TV without signal, it's anoying.

The other bugs i can work around, but this one is testing my nerves, so please @Aosaw , @TrentOster , @AndreaColombo , @Tanthalas , @Coriander or any other person in the staff, register this complain please (and give a solution fast also please), before i punch my screen or break to pieces my sound boxes.

Thanks for the time.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @kamuizin
    Please, before posting bug reports, read this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13071/read-before-posting-list-of-known-bugs-and-issues/p1
    It clearly says you should make a seperate thread for each new bug.
    If you don't mind me opening a new thread for each bug on the game, sure. Why not? Besides the thread pointed isn't official, it's just an suggestion of conduct, am i wrong?

well... i just wanted to skip the need to upload my chitin.key file again, but i should probally send my AR.bif of the area as well...
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    kamuizin said:

the thread pointed isn't official

For us, it is the best way to organize bug reports, so I gently ask you to use the guideline in that thread in the future.
  • kleiklei Member Posts: 6
    I hope this alt+tab bug report wont get lost at the end due to mere forum post formatting disagreements. Its a pretty annoying bug :(

@Aedan: do you know if there is an official "public" bug tracker for BG:EE? Tracking bugs in forums is so inappropriate. Trac, or maybe mantis would be so much better.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    There is, but it's not public. Devs and beta testers go through these forums and enter issues in the tracker.

Both these bugs have been registered.