Skip to content

Samsung Galaxy vs iPhone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Samsung Galaxy vs iPhone19 votes
    1. Samsung Galaxy
      47.37%
    2. iPhone
      31.58%
    3. Other [Please explain]
      21.05%

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I voted Samsung, but it may be better with an Iphone for a Mac user. Guess I let ideology get the better of me X)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    It's not one of the options, but I would vote against a Nokia Lumia. I got one myself last fall and haven't been particularly impressed with it.
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    In your specific case, iPhone. Cause it'll work smoothly with your macbook.

I generally like android more because you can customize more by yourself while iPhone takes "idiot proofing" to another level.
    Android phones tend to be cheaper as well.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I've been unimpressed by Nokia's products as of lately as well. My current phone doesn't even have an option for a timer for the light on the screen. I also can't block people from calling me or sending me text messages. Both are quite basic functions, me thinks, and I kinda miss having them. At least then I could make French people I've never heard of from wrongly calling me now and then. Especially my sister has this issue as well. It's mainly because we have quite a common number combination, I guess. My boyfriend recommended the Samsung Galaxy Ace phone to me, and I might be interested to try it out indeed! The problem with the Samsung Galaxy phone is that it's HUGE. I can't just find a pocket big enough to just casually tuck it away. The battery also doesn't last long. Maybe just one day? My brother has a Samsung Galaxy and often complains how he has to charge it all the time. Must be because the big screen consumes most of the energy, I guess. Conclusion: I wouldn't go with a Samsung Galaxy, but definitely with a Samsung phone. Nokia's crap, trust me.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2013
    I am buying a new phone next month and I am thinking about htc. @KingGhidorah is right. I like android more. The OS is open(less restrictive), android phones are cheaper and have lots of functionalities. Solid statements, huh? Now seriously, I don't know much about phones so I am open to suggestions too.

btw I can almost swear I read @Bhaaldog instead of @Samus. To change(username)... like this!
    @Djimmy: Me too, actually. I'm going to ask for a new phone for my birthday and am in doubt myself as well. :/
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Anything but an Apple product.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited April 2013
    On a sidenote, why the fuck would somebody want a bloody samsung, out of all the android phones out there?
    Wow, I feel like somebody doesnt like samsung.
    @iKrivetko: Because people have their own personal preferences, bro. I personally also like Samsung. Waaaay better than Nokia. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2013
    My personal opinion is use whatever you feel most comfortable with. I really think the "wars" we see in the internet are a little bit crazy... Apple x Samsung, Windows x OSX x Linux, etc... There's no perfect product out there, all of them have their qualities and flaws.

In the end, they're all tools. If I didn't use my phone's capabilities to help me in my work, I'd probably buy a simple phone that can only be used for text and calls instead of a smartphone...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    edited April 2013
    @mlnevese:Dimplomacy roll: 20.