Skip to content

Boots of the Cheetah + Eventar's Gift: Very minor bug (probably not what you think)

ParaspriteParasprite Member Posts: 22
edited April 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I should start by saying that I don't mean that equipping [Eventar's Gift] shouldn't inhibit [Boots of the Cheetah] because...well... Free Action inhibits Haste, that is exactly what it is supposed to do. No problems there.

To reproduce this (very minor) bug:

Currently Equipped: [Eventar's Gift]

1. Equip [Boots of the Cheetah]
2. Remove [Eventar's Gift]
3. Haste is not applied to character
4. Remove and Re-equip [Boots of the Cheetah]
5. Haste is applied to character

A second scenario which is more telling:

Currently Equipped: [Boots of the Cheetah]

1. Equip [Eventar's Gift]
2. Remove [Eventar's Gift]
3. Haste is applied to character, the symbol for it is, however, not visible.

Not a situation which comes up very often, but if you are soloing and switch between [Boots of the Cheetah] and [Eventar's Gift] frequently, it becomes a little more obvious that it is a bug. You could probably replace [Eventar's Gift] with [Spider's Bane] but I haven't tried it. [Spider's Bane] doesn't affect haste.

My uneducated guess is that Haste effect is "hidden" behind the Free Action effect if Haste is already applied, but inhibited if you attempt to apply it afterwards. The bug is likely just related to the order of how things are applied.
Post edited by Parasprite on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Yeah, if you ignore the warnings on the label and try to use these two cumulatively issues like these tend to crop up. I've noticed such things before.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    BG2's Paws of the Cheetah's Haste effect don't lacks with Haste spell, and in BGEE it does, and BG2's Boots of Speed lack with Free Action, but only while given by an item (eg: Flail of Ages +5, Ring of Free Action).
    lolien
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    Spider's Bane does not give free action. Icon is the same, could be confusing.