Skip to content

How to advance to level 3 without lifting a finger. Almost.

2»

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Great. Ex-Bhaaldog-Now-Samus writes two lines after my long explanation and gets like 10 likes. I get 1.

tl;dr
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    All I can see is druid werebear stories (and drow... pictures, of course). Your mileage may vary, though.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    @samus She is kind of hot. Looks a lot like my future wife.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

All I can see is druid werebear stories (and drow... pictures, of course). Your mileage may vary, though.

This topic was werebear-free until you brought it up. :|

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

@samus She is kind of hot. Looks a lot like my future Ex-wife.

Fixed that for ya.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Why "shouldn't" I explore that map if I roleplay? Maybe charname thinks it's smarter to find an alternative route to Nashkel. Assassins being after him/her and all...

Really KidCarnival, I thought you were above this sort of thing.

"I can do [blank] because uhh ... role-playing reasons! Like [blank], yeah, see. Role-playing. Man it's so convenient."
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    i like power level with ankhegs, but i can see merit on the basilisk tactic.

If you control the melee/range moments of the ankhegs they can't even hit you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

Fixed that for ya.

Jurassik Park!
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598

Fixed that for ya.

Who fixed what for me?
    Quartz said:

Why "shouldn't" I explore that map if I roleplay? Maybe charname thinks it's smarter to find an alternative route to Nashkel. Assassins being after him/her and all...

Really KidCarnival, I thought you were above this sort of thing.

"I can do [blank] because uhh ... role-playing reasons! Like [blank], yeah, see. Role-playing. Man it's so convenient."
    I'm absolutely not "above roleplaying". I'm the one who blocks one of Xzar's quickuse slots with an utterly useless skull for nothing but roleplay reasons. It's not always a stupid excuse like "I kill Drizzt because my paladin didn't know it's him/all drow are evil and I will never admit I only wanted the loot". No, a roleplay reason could also be what @Lemeris is doing with the Let the fates decide run - it's all about roleplay and doing things in an order you normally wouldn't, and it's an awesome concept.

There is a big difference between "I pretend to roleplay and use this excuse to justify my obvious powergaming choices because (umm, actually, I never figured out that one out - there is nothing wrong with powergaming, so why pretend to roleplay...?)" and actual roleplay.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Bah, if you want to level up fast take Montaron, kill Xzar, kick the mage from pt, go to High Hedge-> Beregost-> north. In this way you will avoid to spawn in front of Elminster.
    Set a trap/rest with Montaron till you reach 7 of them, aggro Elminster there and hit him with a sling/bow.
    26.000 xp at the beginning.

I attempted this feat, and it failed. Safana lured the old fool into my trap, then fling some darts of wounding at his withered face. He dodged the darts, got annoyed, ignored 105 points of trap damage, turned her into a chicken, cursed my maincha, and then disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

Which begs the question, how many HP does he have?

• LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Lateralus said:

Bah, if you want to level up fast take Montaron, kill Xzar, kick the mage from pt, go to High Hedge-> Beregost-> north. In this way you will avoid to spawn in front of Elminster.
    Set a trap/rest with Montaron till you reach 7 of them, aggro Elminster there and hit him with a sling/bow.

I attempted this feat, and it failed. Safana lured the old fool into my trap, then fling some darts of wounding at his withered face. He dodged the darts, got annoyed, ignored 105 points of trap damage, turned her into a chicken, cursed my maincha, and then disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

Which begs the question, how many HP does he have?

I must have added wrong the first time, because I lured him into the trap again and he died from 101hp of damage.

26,000 xp is nice, but no more random encounters with a judgmental nebby nancy = priceless
    If you mean "no more random encounters with Elminster", I must disappoint you.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Imoen has higher Set Traps skill than Montaron and even she can't lay a single trap with her 5points, Montaron has 0points on Set Traps.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    does elminster have any kewl lewt?

does elminster have any kewl lewt?

No, unless you count 26K XP.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Why not just CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("xxx")? :/
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Even if you kill him, he will still appear in the other encounters ;)
    So: 26k x 4 = 104k xp during the whole game.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527

This topic was werebear-free until you brought it up. :|

And thank Helm he did.. I mean really, every post should mention Werebears.