Skip to content

Should all identical items be stackable?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
edited April 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Should all identical items be stacked?29 votes
    1. Yes. All identical items should be stackable
      24.14%
    2. No. If is fine as it is
      65.52%
    3. Did you know a decapitated cockroach can live for several days...
      10.34%

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    If long swords were stackable that would likely create more issues than it would solve. Plus you may notice that practically all the items in the game that are stackable are supposedly quite small.
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    I don't really want this kind of item to be stackable. The mess with the inventory is a kind of fun for me.

But What I would like, is : If you have a unidentified item and in the same inventory you have the same item identified the first one should be identified.
    It can help when we kill several skeleton warrior, for example, you have just to identified one of they two handed sword to have the others identified because there are the same item
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Tresset said:

If long swords were stackable that would likely create more issues than it would solve. Plus you may notice that practically all the items in the game that are stackable are supposedly quite small.

Hmmm.. Stackable longswords... That would make it easier to browse through one's bags, if all the longswords were in one place.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited April 2013
    It would make things easier sure, but it just doesn't feel right to be able to put let's say 16x20=320 (Or even 160 if one stack would be 10) longswords into your pocket... edit: bag, I mean bag! :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Is that a longsword in your pocket, or is it a HUNDRED longswords?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    shouldn't there be a weight limit then not a stack limit?
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    The weight limit is already present to model carrying capacity. There really shouldn't be any further limit whatsoever as far as I'm concerned, but letting everything stack is a good common-sense, low-labor solution.

Making unidentified items unstackable is fine. Creates more incentive to be able to identify items.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2013
    Even though stackable items are generally smaller, it still doesn't make a lot of sense for a few gems to take as much space as a suit of armor (or even several daggers!).

With that said, I still prefer the unrealistic Infinity Engine inventory a thousand times over the NWN/Resident Evil type of inventories where things take space according to size and then you have to neatly arrange everything. It's not like your backpack was a perfect rectangle anyway.

I think all identical items should be stackable, but I still chose the third option because everyone should be made aware of just how resilient those little demons are. Man, I hate cockroaches.