Skip to content

[bug]Rasaad tries to attack local provoker after first encounter in front of Nashkel Inn

kleiklei Member Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in Not An Issue
When the player first speaks with Rasaad in front of the Nashkel Inn, a local commoner tries to provoke Rasaad into a fight which he avoids saying something like he is not here to fight. But after the dialog ends Rasaad goes into combat with the commoner who tries to leave the map as usually NPCs do after they said what they wanted...

Rasaad explicitly states that he knows to fight but does not want to without purpose. Thus, after the dialog Rasaad must not attack the commoner who tries to leave the map.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    That Rasaad...What a scalawag.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I cannot reproduce it.
    Can you attached a savegame, please?
  • kleiklei Member Posts: 6
    Attached saved game file and screenshot.

Steps to reproduce the issue. Load saved game and talk with Rasaad selecting the following dialog entries in the given order:
    1 > continue > 3 > continue > 2 > continue > 4.

If you are lucky, the commoner in brown cloths will move in the right position close enough to Rasaad. Once out of 5 I could reproduce the issue, several times. Rasaad is definitively in combat mode as even the game cannot be saved at that time.

edited April 2013
    Wait. This is not a bug. It is his combat animation and it is intended. Rasaad is showing his martial arts to the commoners. The game cannot be saved because the man who provoked him is leaving the area.
    Are you sure? Kicking several times towards the leaving commoner is all right? Know that based on the above mentioned dialog sequence, this is NOT the one where the user gives 10 gold pieces to the winner, where the commoner gets on the ground after being beaten up. This should have been a sequence where the dialog ends with no violence at all. Please double check.
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I am sure. As I said, Rasaad is showing his martial arts. He is not in combat mode (otherwise, you would see in the dialogue window his attempt to hit the man and all the lines shown during a combat).
    Also, he continues even when the commoner leaves the area.
    Moved to Not An Issue.
    I see. Thanks for the clarification.
    @klei
    You're welcome :)