Skip to content

Werewolf curse not lifting

LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
edited April 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Current behavior

The werewolf curse is not lifted after killing Mendas/Selaad.

Killing Mendas/Selaad is the way to lift the curse, right, or am I forgetting something? My party members turn into werewolfs even if I kill Mendas/Selaad. This happens after 2 days. I have played through the werewolf island twice and the same thing happened both times. Game update 7.

Expected behavior

The werewolf curse lifts when Mendas/Selaad dies.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think I heard about this happening once before with someone else. I believe he said that turning the AI off would prevent the curse but turning it on again after the timer expired would immediately cause the curse to take effect.

I have no Idea what the issue here is but maybe you could remove the timer with Shadowkeeper as a temporary fix.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    edited April 2013
    Found a workaround.

After finishing the northern part of the island, I attacked somebody in the village instead of talking to Kaishas. This makes everybody turn werewolfs and start attacking me. Then, I tried to talk to Kaishas, but she just left before any conversation at all occured. From there the story went on as usual; Durley/Deliany and Dradeel, then Kaishas at the ship. The only thing was that I ended up with two sea charts and that Selaad's friend didn't drop a chainmail.

I got the story going without talking to Kaishas and whus thus not affected by lychantrophy at all.
    Do you play on an Ipad?
    No, on PC.
  • mgtremainemgtremaine Member Posts: 7
    We've go this bug also. Multiplayer, OSX 1.0.2014 from the app store. Luckily turning the AI off does prevent the change and since all we have left is Durlag Tower and the Final Battle it's not game stopper for us. [My son and I] But still pretty annoying, ok, it was funny the first two times as we played around with it. Everyone except the protagonist changes. If needed a saved game file can be sent.

-Mike
    There is a way to get rid of the timer with EE keeper so you never transform. I will see if I can figure out which variable to delete...
    Once you figure out how to work EE keeper (See this for help: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-shadow-keeper-for-bgee#latest) go to the global variables tab and look for the line that says PLAYERINFECTED and delete it. If I am right, that should kill the timer and prevent the transformation. The screenshot shows what you are looking for.

• CorpusDelictiCorpusDelicti Member Posts: 45
    I had this problem, too (at least in the mac version), and I think I figured it out.

When I returned to UB and went to Mendas/Selaad's house to completely finish the quest, I sent in my strongest players (3), who had strength potions, potions of speed, and were each invisible. With these PCs, I attacked and killed both Mendas/Selaad and his bodyguard WHILE THEY WERE BOTH STILL HUMAN. This destroyed the curse, and I was able to proceed to play Durlag's Tower and the rest of BG:EE without a problem. If either of them shape-changed, I just reloaded.

FYI: I had Baldur's knife, the gold sword, and the shape-shifting bastard sword for my three guys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2013
    Huh. I don't have the problem either. That is strange. It would be very helpful if someone with this problem were to provide a save file.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    I'll try to post the save later today. I wonder if turing on the CLUA Console then doing

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PLAYERINFECTED","GLOBAL",0)

Would fix it without have to drag Wineskin + EE Keeper out.

-Mike
    @mgtremaine I'm not an expert in EE keeper but I do need that save file. We are having trouble recreating this bug. Make sure you give me the one where you still have the issue.

I have a theory though... Try this and see if it works:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADMENDAS3","GLOBAL",1)
    edited April 2013
    This is multiplayer save where we first noticed it.

-Mike
    As I suspected. For some reason it failed to register mendas3 as being dead so that is the cause of the bug. Entering this into the console should fix it: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADMENDAS3","GLOBAL",1)
    AH HAH!!! I've got it!!! This problem is caused by having gore turned off! Now we should be able to get a fix going.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    You can't just kill Mendas.

You've gotta chunk him! Giblets for the giblet lord!
    edited April 2013
    I'm just curious but what does gore has to do with Mendas' death?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes, but I don't see the connection between the gore button and Mendas.
    @Samus @Loremaster Well, for some reason, in order to register anything as being dead they need to leave behind some kind of body sprite. Turning gore off sometimes makes bodies that would normally get chunked, or rather their sprites, completely disappear. For some reason when this happens to a character the game does not register them as being dead. This can cause things like inaccurate reporting on the character sheet kill % statistics (vanishing bodies don't count toward the total) and even bugs like this. In order to stop the werewolf curse the game script is looking for the human form of mendas (mendas3.cre) to be dead. However with gore off the transformation that would normally chunck Mendas's human body just makes it vanish and the death is not registered.
    OK, does this also cause Mendas' friend not dropping a chainmail?
    It shouldn't affect anything more than the recording of deaths by the game.
    Actually yes, looks like it does prevent item dropping.
    Am I bugging you with bugs?
    Nope. It is good to know this stuff so we can really nail them.
    edited April 2013
    Nice catch!

PS - The CLUAConsole worked perfectly. We fixed our game and continued onward today, Durlag's Dungeon lvl 1 and part of 2 today. Poor Yeslik, he's confused about his childhood, he thinks he grew up in a doppelganger invested, trap laden, hell hole. :)
    Post edited by mgtremaine on