Skip to content

Wand of Polymorphing and Wolfweres

PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
At the time it seemed like a good idea: polymorph some of the wolfweres in Balduran's Ship into squirrels and squash them after dealing with the immediate threat (those making their saving throws).

Although somehow these nasty critters transformed into some undead fiend, slowly biting my party to death, whilst I seem to be unable to even land a hit!

Is this a known bug regarding: wolfweres or the Wand of Polymorphing?

Comments

• PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    Addendum: they seem to be made 'dead' as soon as they are polymorphed into a squirrel...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    does the wand work on other things ok? is this bug only happening with the wolfweres and no other creatures?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I used it on my main character and he suddenly had -100/5 hp. He was a dead squirrel. Oddly enough the death screen did not pop up until after I checked the character page and switched back to the main screen. Definitely a bug. I will test the spell and bolt too...
    Wow. Looks like the wizard spell version of squirrel making is busted too, just in a different way. The spell does absolutely nothing. The bolt of polymorphing actually works just fine surprisingly enough.
    Come to think of it... The wild surge polymorph into squirrel may be broken too. That one makes the character explode and creates a squirrel sprite where they were standing.