Skip to content

Can't figure out how to make a WeiDU mod work. Help!

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
Ok, so with help from @Jalily I was able to get my mod to the point where all the files are named and I believe pathing correctly, but every time I run my setup (a .bat file that tells WeiDU how to find the right .tlk or something like that) I get a, well this:

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    What text editor did you use to make your tp2?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Jalily Notepad
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That should be fine. Could you post the tp2?
    @Jalily Here it is. I did some copy-pasting to make it because I'm lazy. Would that cause any problems?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited April 2013
    Your tp2 is encoded in some funky way. The first three bytes are 0xef, 0xbb, 0xbf, followed by the ASCII of the textual content (BACKUP etc.)

I can only assume Notepad sucks more than it is normally credited for. You can try encoding the file differently. If that fails, do yourself a favour and get yourself a real text editor, like Notepad++ or ConTEXT.

Slashes and backslashes are completely interchangeable.

Edit: ah, it is the UTF-8 signature. Yeah, WeiDU doesn't like "invisible" bytes like that. Saving the file with pretty much any other encoding should work (depending on the vagaries of Notepad).
    Wisp said:

Edit: ah, it is the UTF-8 signature. Yeah, WeiDU doesn't like "invisible" bytes like that. Saving the file with pretty much any other encoding should work (depending on the vagaries of Notepad).

Oops, yeah. I selected that accidentally when I was trying to figure out how to convert the file type. I'll see if I can fix it... Yes that worked. Thanks @Wisp. It works now.