Skip to content

Game update 8 2013/04/26 WARNING

mfr001mfr001 Member Posts: 43
edited April 2013 in Not An Issue
This update seems to add Italian text (?), however, there is a major problem. If I try to level up, the screen becomes too large for the display, so I cannot actually see the "Accept" button! This also happens if I try using Windowed mode. Needless to say, I have just got Khalid up a level.

I have not had any problems with leveling up in the past, so I am pretty certain that it is the update which has caused the problem.

Is it possible to roll back an update?
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Can you post a screenshot? Is this only happening in Italian, or for English as well?
  • mfr001mfr001 Member Posts: 43
    Aosaw said:

Can you post a screenshot? Is this only happening in Italian, or for English as well?

I will try to sort out a screenshot shortly. This is happening in the English version. I do not know what happens with the Italian version - I did not know what the update was for when I downloaded it!

Send it over to support@beamdog.com and I'll take a look at it. If you can provide your system information as well (OS, video card, processor, laptop or desktop), that will help too.
    Here it is, I hope!
    Are you playing in windowed mode or full screen?
    @Aosaw This was in full screen, but the result is similar in windowed mode.
    I ask because in the screenshot, the "Accept" buttin is showing up fine. Is it being hidden by your taskbar?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Actually the imagine is fine. I see no issue.
    Aosaw said:

I ask because in the screenshot, the "Accept" buttin is showing up fine. Is it being hidden by your taskbar?

Sorry, the problem is that it is greyed out and so the button is inoperative. In fact, to get out of it I have to press the Escape button. It is still not possible to level up, but my explanation was flawed.

I wrote the first message in a rush and did not check back to the game - sorry.

I'll just go and bang my head off a wall, again.

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Well that picture you still have a proficiency point to assign. Until you do that, the button will remain grayed out.
    Oh--I see the problem.

You have a proficiency point to assign. You won't be able to accept until you've done that.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    OMGBBQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    And now I owe a grovelling apology to everyone who had to spend time looking for the problem. The proficiency point was indeed the problem.

At this rate there will be very little left of the wall.

Perhaps this thread could be dumped down a very deep dark hole, which is where I'd like to be now.
    Don't worry about it; we all have those moments. Glad we could help!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited April 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    mfr001 said:

Perhaps this thread could be dumped down a very deep dark hole, which is where I'd like to be now.

That is why we have the "Sink" function :)