Skip to content

The Dead Three and Me

Back in the day when you could get half a roast pig with a free tankard of ale at your local Weatherproof Inn, all for a copper piece... I was part of the adventuring troop, 'The Dark Four'.

Ahhh... I remember it like it was yesterday... We were young and rebelling against authority. We stayed in bed all day, and stayed up all night. We all wore hoods. At the time I thought we did it because it made us mysterious and edgy... But really it was because we all had bad acne due to poor hygiene. The truths a git... Anyway... Our group included Bane, Bhaal, Myrkul and me, Anduin.

Bane was our muscle. He was a bit dopey, to tell you the truth. No brain Bane we called him. Don't get me wrong, he was good in a fight, but his one brain cell was faulty. Once I got him to carry all my equipment by saying I was responsible for carrying the groups air supply, and that my bag had to be fully loaded with air! Also, Bhaal liked to trick him into eating different meat. 'Bane' Bhaal would witter 'Bane, did you know that Gnoll is a delicacy in far off Kara-Tur?' Then off Bane would go eating Gnoll until he was sick. Them were the days!

Bhaal was our lock pick. His real name was Karl, but that's neither here or there. The reason we started calling him Bhaal was due to the sound he made after two pints. I have never met anyone below the age of four who could not hold their drink WORSE than Bhaal. At the tavern, sitting nicely ensconced in the corner looking shady and then 'BHAAAAAL' bright red vomit all over the table. Bhaal got clever enough to regurgitate nearly exactly a pint, back into his pint glass each time he had to... err... Bhaal. We gave it to Bane, I swear he liked it... Where was I... Yes, for a measly thief, Bhaal was so UP HIMSELF. I'm so good at this, I'm the best at that, Watch me twirl my bone dagger, look at me I'm Bhaal. When It came to a fight. NOWHERE TO BE SEEN! Ran away and hid like a baby. Afterwards he would say things like 'Did you see me totally backstab that mage? I chunked him into little pieces so Bane could eat him' Absolute rubbish! He was just the lock pick and that's why we put up with him.

Uncle Myrkul was a Necromancer. He could animate the dead. Without giving away too many trade secrets, I can reveal it was all done with wire coat hangers. We would have a great time digging up somebodies Gran and then getting the deceased to pop into the local hostelry and ask for a quick ale and a kiss!

Then there was I. Anduin the Almighty! I was the real brains of the operation. Without me they would just end up fighting and bickering. I also once talked to a girl, so the other guys really looked up to me.

Now one day Uncle Myrkul had this idea to go visit a god called Jergal and ask for some of his powers. Bane was hungry and was wondering what gods taste like and Bhaal was all up for pickpocketing a gods wallet. Me. I was like WHOA! Nurgle! Is that not a god of disease from the Games Workshop Franchise? And Uncle Myrkul was going nah, Jergal is a god of death, bit depressed after losing all his wealth to a knucklebone gambling habit... And I was like. HOLD ON! Jergal is a bit like Nurgle! I don't want to catch the clap and die with my testicles falling out the bag! Bhaal called me a wuss and Bane wanted to know what testicles tasted like. We parted company there and then. Uncle Myrkul said he couldn't guarantee that his information source was 100% legit and understood why I was reluctant. He said he would cut me some slack if we ever met again.

You know the rest. The Dark Three became The Dead Three.

I started Gargoyles 4U. We are still trading strong today, the business now being nearly 2000 years old... You see... I did meet Uncle Myrkul again... and he gave me... A LOT OF SLACK!!!!

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Posted in a new discussion as epic posts should not be hid at the bottom of a thread.

Inspired by @EntropyXII and his thread that can be found here. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18210/the-dark-three-the-dead-three

Whaddaya thinK?

I'm here for questioning. If you want to know what Bane called his pet rubber duck... Ask away!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Hillarious :-) you should enlighten us about them more, what kind of hobbies they had, what kind of presents they liked, about Bhaal's unrequited love interest, that something unpleasant under Myrkul's fingernail, and if it was true that Bane was deathly afraid of birthday cakes and all that...whew, good thing Fzoul Chemberly is not around or he'd flame strike us to ashes for blasphemy. :p
    edited April 2013
    @Samus Bane called his pet rubber duck... Chewy!

I'm here all week...

@Lunar Bane was not deathly afraid of Birthday cakes... He just didn't like eating the candles. I tried to get him to blow them out first but he was always one to eat first and think later...
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I now have the Eelwasser jingle stuck in my head. If you know it, I was right about the obscure references in the part about Bane and the air in the backpack.
    @Anduin: What? Does "agree" mean I was actually right about the obscure reference? O.o
    @KidCarnival I prefer Slug-O-Soda...
    @Anduin But Eelwasser has this happy, slimy taste... CAN'T DECIDE.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    /Slowclap
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Totally awesome.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    This is the greatest post since Bhaaldog.
    @eudaemonium Now that you mention it... I can confirm that Bhaal did have a dog... It was called Danny, Sammy @Samus or Somus... Something like that... It was 2000 years ago...
    @Samus ... That is a whole new thread right there... It may cause a popularity contest backlash. So you would have to be strict with rules... Hmmm... Perhaps swap it about and have forum mEmbers pose as NPCs and ask to join the party of Samus? No one will feel left out then (the eager could keep trying over and over again until acceptance!)

I dibsy first to be your version of Imoen tho...

Heya! It's me Anduin!
    I feel we need a topic for "if the poster above you was an NPC" guessing. Though, I would be boring and easy to guess, it's obvious I'm a Paladin of Helm.