Skip to content

Gnoll Stronghold Cinematic

Does anyone know if they are planning on adding a new gnoll stronghold cinematic when you enter the zone? I'd really like to see the artist's rendition of this area. (Also if there are any others that haven't been replaced-I haven't played through everything yet)

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Ever notice how lots of people can't find Dyna in the pit?

Remember how the old intro movie led you down into a pit, giving you a big clue about where to find her?

Yeah, I kind of pity the people playing with the new movies, who have never seen the old ones.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    There were also a cutscene of a wyvern in Cloakwood, prepareing you for the possibility of a wild encounter.
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    edited May 2013
    Here is the list of ingame cinematics in the original:

Friendly Arm Inn
    Beregost
    Nashkel
    Gnoll Stronghold
    Bandit's Camp
    Cloakwood Wyverns
    Mine Flooding
    Durlag Tower
    Ship of Balduran
    Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate sewers
    Iron Throne building
    Candlekeep
    Duchal Palace
    Temple of Bhaal
    Dusk/morning in towns
    Rest at inn/in wilderness

Have I forgot something?

This is one aspect that unfortunately has not been "enhanced" by Beamdog
    Post edited by gunman on
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    Eh. I never really grasp the significances of the Gnoll stronghold. It wasn't a vital map in the game and it wasn't very challenging of an area. I don't see the need to have a cinematic illustration for irrelevant areas unless you're doing it for all of them. Same goes for Beregost.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    The gnoll fort begs for its history to be told. Firewine would be, uh, even worse without its history, and the stronghold is cooler.
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    Here's one way to get the Gnoll Stronghold cinematic (and all the other missing movies) back:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/199369/#Comment_199369
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited May 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    @Samus

I wonder if Beamdog could put something like that in or if it would count as altering the original game too much. I'd love to see something like that. I always try to talk my way out of combat if I can.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    There was a rumor before BGEE was released about some new adventures in this map. I don't remember the topic but it was about exploring the interior of the Fortress, learn the history, who build it and more...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Seldar It wasn't a rumor. It was actually an idea that appeared in one of the topics and suggested that the Gnoll Stronghold's interior would be a great place for a future DLC. I actually remember participating in that topic, but don't ask me which one it was, it was almost an year ago.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It still would be cool as DLC.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @mister_ennui I think this was the first one where the idea started.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    The more cinematics the better, they could make one for every zone and I would be very happy. The primary purpose is to try and set the mood for the map. Durlag's Tower was the best one they ever did.
  • ArchnecromancerArchnecromancer Member Posts: 17
    mlnevese said:

@Seldar It wasn't a rumor. It was actually an idea that appeared in one of the topics and suggested that the Gnoll Stronghold's interior would be a great place for a future DLC. I actually remember participating in that topic, but don't ask me which one it was, it was almost an year ago.

Here it is: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/888/gnoll-stronghold/p1

It was a grand request, supported by many... And it was a disappointment for the entire gaming community to find out that it was not realised.

Instead, they wasted their time on the Black pits, an adventure that has nothing to do with the game that everyone expected to be enhanced (the MAIN game). And they made a gold destroying NPC for the main game...

They also included the Tutorial from BG2, and for some unknown reason removed many voiced lines from that Tutorial (maybe because they were referencing to end of BG1 events), instead of just cutting off the unwanted content from them, and keeping the rest. So they didn't waste much time with modifying the Tutorial for BGEE, and even that would be more appreciated than some adventure that has notnihg to do with the game.

So now we are still waiting for that stronghold interior. I don't see why they find it so difficult to include. They have De'Arnise stronghold interior graphics from BG2, Saradush keep interior. They could just combine these to make the Gnoll stronghold interior, add some monsters, and their leader inside and it would be enough for most people that don't expect too much (and they certainly shouldn't expect too much considering how much original material was lost, how small the team is and how much the contract limits them).