Skip to content

BG2:EE NPCs

I know this has to have been brought up before, I just can't find it. So apologies if repost...

Are there any plans for the NPC's from BG1 who's stories aren't incorporated in BG2 to make an appearance? Best case would be joinable npc's, worst case being a passing comment by some random NPC that so-and-so has...I dunno...been maliciously slaughtered by the deception of one red dragon.

The NPC's I can think of off the top of my head would be Branwen, Xan, Yeslick, Kagain, Coran and perhaps Kivan? It's been a while since I've played BG2 so I don't recall if any of these characters are mentioned (outside of the tutorial)

Either way I would love to see something, even if minor. I know we can't change the starting npc's but does that also mean we can't rendezvous with Yeslick on our way to the under dark(or something)?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    We know there are plans for 1 additional NPC (popularly known as the 'Evil Female Thief' or EFT, as I like to call her). However, the exact specifications of this NPC haven't actually been revealed formally yet.

We as yet have no idea whether there are plans to incorporate missing NPCs from BG1 into BG2 (which would include Branwen, Xan, Yeslick, Shar-Teel, Eldoth, Skie, Kagain and Kivan, possibly among others) Coran is actually already present in BG2 (spoiler: it goes badly for him).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Samus said:

Unlikely as it would require modifying existing NPC content...

Not necessarily, since they aren't actually in the game yet and thus it would be an addition, not a modification. We are unsure of how stringent the contract is regarding potentially grey areas like this though.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I don't think we'll ever officially see the BG1 NPCs that were not part of the original BG2 being incorporated due to contract limitations. But there's nothing stopping a mod from adding them.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    mlnevese said:

I don't think we'll ever officially see the BG1 NPCs that were not part of the original BG2 being incorporated due to contract limitations. But there's nothing stopping a mod from adding them.

Aww, that's a huge bummer. I've been hoping the Evil Thief would be a pre-dualled Shar-Teel. :P
  • thurrainthurrain Member Posts: 2
    mlnevese said:

That is unfortunate, but lets say that they did something like this...

CHARNAME finds out that the spy's/assassins hired by Irenicus searched all of the sword coast for him. They searched Beregost, hearing that a dwarven shop owner had been affiliated with CHARNAME recently. Upon interrogation Kagain either gave up CHARNAME's location (he is evil after all) or Kagain attacked the would be assassins, rendering killing blows to two of them, and leaving three others worse for the wear. He unfortunately succumbed to the assassins poisoned dagger, and died in a pool of blood, surrounded by corpses in his lowly shop...

I'm not sure how we would find this out, though.

Although, this makes me wonder, has anyone already modded bg1 npc's into the regular bg2?
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I think there are BG2 mods for all of the BG1 NPCs, but the only ones that're very involved are the Kivan and Xan mods AFAICR.