Skip to content

Return of the bug : distance NPC go in close combat with their bows and arrows

Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
edited May 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
It seems this bug has returned !

It is, as always very annoying.

The characters equiped with a bow sometimes go in close combat with their bow (at melee range).
Yes they have arrows (we are not stupid).

The defaut script is suposed to let them fire their arrows from afar, not going close to them ;-)

And again : ranged script is not satisfactory.

Post edited by Aasimar069 on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I've noticed it too. I just control everything manually. The AI has never worked well for me.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I blame lord of the rings, especially that pretty boy legolas. Stupid melee archer.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    This occurs for me using the basic attack script as well (first choice in the script list) and it does seem to occur rather frequently.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    I've also noticed this.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    What strike me in this story, is that we can detect the bugs very easily.

however, it seems they do not test their patch releases because this kind ofbug would have been fixed.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Seriously. I don't get the Overhaul team on this. There were NUMEROUS bugs in CANDLEKEEP when the game first was released. As if any beta testers would have at least seen THOSE! It's in the first five minutes of the game, how do things like this go unnoticed?
    edited May 2013

I've noticed it too. I just control everything manually. The AI has never worked well for me.

The interest of the "Default" script is to allow your characters to execute basic actions (ie defending / attacking when in range).

For instance whith Imoen, you'd just expect she fires arrows with her bow at range, standing where she is.

When she is dualed to mage and I want her cast mage spells or attack someone specific, of course I will control her directly.

The aim of the script is by no means to make here go in melee with her bow, and that's the problem.

Post edited by Aasimar069 on
    edited May 2013
    stygga said:

Seriously. I don't get the Overhaul team on this. There were NUMEROUS bugs in CANDLEKEEP when the game first was released. As if any beta testers would have at least seen THOSE! It's in the first five minutes of the game, how do things like this go unnoticed?

I have told few of my friends not to buy this EE and instead go for the GOG version or another (with the widescreen mod).

the original BG1+TOSC + fix pack is almost bug free and works on EVERY single motherfuc*ing PC like a charm.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2013
    Threads merged.

For everybody's information, if you want to change your post from a category to another you may do that editing the first post. The category options will be in the left of the screen in the same place they show up when creating a thread.