Skip to content

Cannot select individual npc's

I just got thru the Nashkel mines and cannot save because of wardogs attacking and I cannot access anyone even myself!
I can look at all individual inventories but I cannot select who does what. No amount of clicking, or changing to read stats, journal etc, changes my lockout.
So I was left with no control over players or myself, except to attack en -mass.
Is there something simple I have overlooked to remedy this situation.
I know that I have not explained very well, not familiar with correct name of the bar at the very bottom which has the different formations on it. But it is this screen that is locked up.

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited May 2013
    pc or ipad?

can you click on portraits on the right?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited May 2013
    Are you left-clicking or right-clicking? You need to left-click on the individual character or their portrait to select them and then issue commands through left-clicking.
  • ArchanyllArchanyll Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for reply, but I was not getting my clicking wrong.
    the left click function on the portraits did zip. rightclick did work but brought up their inventories.
    I reloaded a save and the problem went away! So I dunno, I'll not lose sleep over this.
    Thanks
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Archanyll Could you zip a savegame where this happens and attach it to one of your comments? It may be a bug or simple file corruption.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArchanyllArchanyll Member Posts: 3
    This has not happened again but yes its similar to trying to select a char under an enchantment except the screen was not dead sepia.
    I have a lot of Chars all different, classes , and I'm still trying to decide what I like the most.
    I like the longbow for survival, but being able to use wands and spells as well is ..challenging, as I
    want to be able to gain 5 pips in longbow .
    Mage 2 fighter 2 or was it three I could get 4 pts. in longbow. Quite a likeable forced tradeoff with ability restrictions.
    Sorry Minevese, I did not save the game I restarted a fair way back and never re-occurred.

I'm really still trying to learn the game's intricacies.