Skip to content

iPad mini BG

vonchizvonchiz Member Posts: 4
I currently play BGEE on an iPad 2 and love it. I plan on upgrading/downsizing to the next version of the iPad mini when it gets released. Anyone currently playing this on an iPad mini can you tell me how well it runs? Does it run? Is the screen too small? Any other feedback?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    i have it on the Mini and Ipad 2.

it works smoothly for me on both with one exception...

the area of effect spells like entangle and web slow the game to a crawl.

all i will say is ensure you are not running anything much else or at all in the background - but that goes as read for any Ipad really.

personally, im waiting till the game is playable for my kind of Mage build before investing time as for me its not viable atm - looking forward to the update if it ever comes!
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    oh, and screen size is fine for me, its just as easy to pick things up, open doors, select individual monsters etc...
  • mcbassmcbass Member Posts: 3
    I play on IPad mini. It's good with the exception of slow down with AoE spells.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The slow down in AoE spells should be fixed in the next patch.
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37
    There's minor lag if there's lots happening on screen (lots of enemies, AoE spells, large area, etc), and keep in mind, this is MINOR lag. The difference is about the difference between normal walking speed and encumbered walking speed at worst and also is few and far between in normal gameplay. Love having the ability to play on the go and even with the minor lag, which should be fixed with the new renderer in the next update, it is totally worth it.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

There's minor lag if there's lots happening on screen (lots of enemies, AoE spells, large area, etc), and keep in mind, this is MINOR lag. The difference is about the difference between normal walking speed and encumbered walking speed at worst and also is few and far between in normal gameplay. Love having the ability to play on the go and even with the minor lag, which should be fixed with the new renderer in the next update, it is totally worth it.

+1
    Totally agree with you!