Skip to content

Would you fund a kickstarter for HD content in BG 1 & 2 Enhanced?

BlackskyBlacksky Member Posts: 8
While BG 2 looks pretty good, BG 1 could really use a HD upgrade. Unfortunately that has been ruled out due to money and the original assets being lacking. My question is, if there was a Kickstarter campaign for Baulder's Gate 2 HD content that would go towards making BG 1 HD as well if a certain target was reached, would you fund it? It may be unfeasable, but if I were given the chance I know I would do it.
  1. Would you fund a kickstarter for HD content in BG 1 & 2 Enhanced?60 votes
    1. Yes - I'd give quite a bit
      26.67%
    2. Yes - a small amount
      20.00%
    3. Maybe
      13.33%
    4. No
      40.00%

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Originally it was supposed to be BG:HD with all new attack animations, paperdolls, everything. But they were lost and so it became BG:EE. If the lost content was magically found, I assume it would be given to Beamdog or most likely paid for, but still.

But in regards to your question... Would I pay on Kickstarter? No. I would just pay the retail price for the game when it was released.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Make new games. BG:EE+BG2:EE is enough of Baldur's Gate, no matter how good it is.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    If BG has HD which will be quite better for game experience,

But " Baldur's Gate" can't be kickstarter ,due to contract , i believe,
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    not for a HD feature, If they said, an additional campaign of 80 hours - hell yea
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I would lean more towards 'no', but it would really depend on what the HD content looked like.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited May 2013
    If there was someone that could make a BG HD i would support their effort. I assume the graphics remake would be along the lines of Monkey Island 1&2 remakes.

It's all moot discussion though, since the chance to have this made was lost.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    If the source art were magically found and if Overhaul were cleared to use Kickstarter to fund the HD version, probably (if I can afford to). Outside of that scenario, it would take a prohibitive amount of effort—effort I'd rather see go into making or enhancing a new game.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    I would pay for realistic graphics to be honest. Make it look kind of like diablo 3. But idk about hd...
  • BlackskyBlacksky Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Well, if someone out there can hack the game and grab all the art assets that way, which should be doable and has probably already been done by any number of modders to some degree. If allowed, I would be very happy to help rework at least some of the art by smoothing lines and so on. If nothing else I would love for them to make or import better inventory images and paper-dolls (bah to hobbits in boots!) but I would be happy enough with just upscaled resolution and maybe a better colour pallet.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    The problem with most games these days is they try so hard on graphics and not the actual game.

It doesn't matter how good they made BG look, it would look old in five years. Save the effort for new content.
  • SerkoSerko Member Posts: 3
    Bercon said:

Make new games. BG:EE+BG2:EE is enough of Baldur's Gate, no matter how good it is.

Pretty much this.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I would love it to happen, but want it working before I pay for it. Especially as I don't want it to insert additional bugs (there seems to be a trend here when something is added to the game as it is). Anyway, new sprites would make me willing to pay another $9.99, but I don't see it happening.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    What is Baldur's Gate? The best PC "PnP RPG" ever, till nowadays. Why is that? Not because of its graphics.

Enhanced Edition should enhance whatever made Baldur's Gate this success, and that is probably because of PnP Rules fidelity, awesome storyline, and roleplaying features for non-linear, intriguing gameplay. As said by @killeah, no for graphics, yes for gaming hours (days [months]). :)