Skip to content

Sound stuttering issue

IndividualIndividual Member Posts: 6
edited May 2013 in Not An Issue
Hi everyone,

I'm having a very annoying sound issue since the purchase of the game. I tried to record it and put up on youtube but I resulted in a black screen, I'll have to try another time.

To the point though. Each time I change a location or try to interact with an object (i.e. go upstairs in Candlekeep's Inn, opening up a drawer etc.) the sound lags, keeps repeating itself, sort of stopping the entire game. Every single visual or movement on the screen freezes for a second or few and the sound, which was played on location change / object interaction, keeps repeating itself (i.e. stairs footsteps).

I honestly have no idea how to fix this but it successfully prevents me from playing the game.

I've tried changing in-game settings to no avail.

My sound card is: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio one. It is up to date. I've also tried changing various sound levels in card's options, disabling them, also to no avail. I'm writing this topic here as this must be related to the EE edition, since the issue does not (in fact, never did) in the original game from late 90s.

And if you're wondering, the GPU drivers are also up to date. In case this's needed, I'm using a Radeon HD 7800 Series.

Any suggestions, guys?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    This isn't a sound issue like you may think. The entire game is freezing up during those moments for some reason (i.e. not responding). Does this ever cause a crash?

I checked the tracker and this is a known issue (probably caused by the graphics card you have) and we are working on a fix right now. In the mean time try switching to full screen mode if you are playing in windowed mode and see if that stops the freezing.
  • IndividualIndividual Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Hey Tresset, thanks for the response.

This happens regardless of full-screen or windowed mode. I guess ATI is just that much worse compared to NVidia - wouldn't have bought it had my old NVidia hadn't burnt. At the moment I don't recall this to have crashed a game, I would have to check that. But if anything, the crash rate was at a bare minimum; the game usually returns to it's playable state after each freeze, at least from what I recall.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the fix as this sole issue really ruins the entire experience for me, I just can't make myself to play the game with this bug.

Edit: where can I read if or when the issue will be fixed, in the patch notes of the announcement forum section? Thanks in advance.