Piercing
Poison
Magic
Missile
Slashing
Magic Fire
Magic Cold
Stunning

I always thought stun were an effect just like charm or hold. Anybody knows any creature/item/spell making stunning damage type?

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    DART03 Dart of Stunning
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

DART03 Dart of Stunning

Darts of Stunning do missile damage. The stun is just an effect.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Okay let me reread that. The Stunning effect does what the name applies, stuns you, makes you immobile for a set duration in rounds. As taken from the IESDP under the HP: Damage 'Stunning' damage does not stun the target. Stunning damage cannot kill a creature, creatures are reduced to 1 HP and are knocked unconscious. That is if you use the Stun as a Damage type.
  • KifadaKifada Member Posts: 17
    Thanks. So it must be fists' type of damage.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    What damage type is the ring of the ram effect? I thought it was untyped since it can hurt kangaxx
    ajwz said:

What damage type is the ring of the ram effect? I thought it was untyped since it can hurt kangaxx

Magic. It's set to bypass MR.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    "Untyped" doesn't exist :)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Just because something is in the files, it doesn't necessarily mean it's implemented. The data may be a remnant, or it may be used for very specific effects only, as some "under-the-hood" measure to achieve a desired effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Yeah, I would assume it's subdual (unarmed) damage. My first time playing, I punched out Marl in Feldepost's Inn.

I thought I was being clever, but he just wakes up and comes back at you.

Sleep it off, buddy.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    edited May 2013
    Spoilers!
    On my first playthrough I beat the guards unconscious that come after you when you're wanted for murder. To be honest, it worked a lot better than stopping them with magic and running away.
    Post edited by CaptRory on
    @CaptRory To add spoiler tags, do this without the spaces: [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Thank you~
    I really like this forum software but I wish it had buttons and things to hit for all these commands.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Samus said:

Just because something is in the files, it doesn't necessarily mean it's implemented. The data may be a remnant, or it may be used for very specific effects only, as some "under-the-hood" measure to achieve a desired effect.

Indeed. People would be surprised was ends up unused in various games...
    "Hi, I'm Quoningar."