Skip to content

ATTENTION ALL MODDERS : Modding forum cleanup soon.

CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
Just wanted to drop everyone a note to let you know that most of the stickied announcement threads in this forum will be UN-stickied next week. Nothing is being deleted!!!

It has become difficult for the casual player interested in modding to navigate the forum and find information. Mod announcements or recruiting threads will be unstickied. The threads will drop to the date of the last/most recent post.

So what we would like to see is better consolidation of threads for information purposes. ie: If you have a mod to announce, then the mod announcement thread is for you. The OP can be updated with any new information, just let me or one of the other moderators know.

You may discuss what threads should remain stickied in THIS thread, but this will also be unstickied when all this happens.

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really think only the quick links, mod compatibility and how to install threads need to be permanently stickied.

Famous and important old mods being converted should receive a temporary stick. I'd say a month at least. Dark Horizons announcemment should remain 3 more weeks at least as it was the last one added.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    The Dark Horizons thread will be unstickied too. Its not an announcement for a released mod, but a thread for a mod in progress. But sure, when a mod is released it can get a temp announcement.

Here are the three threads that will remain stickied.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15380/quick-links-for-all-mods-announced-in-the-forum/p1
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-manually-customize-your-game/p1

All three of these contain valuable information for the player in the OP. They need to be updated with current info from within the threads. All the others should be linked within the appropriate announcement threads. The last two (mine and @CamDawg) should really be consolidated too.

@mlnevese if you could rename your thread above to something more concise? Such as "Mod Quick Links" and begin getting links and keep it updated. Perhaps you can have a section for announced modding projects? That way the threads from @Kaeloree, @CoM_Solaufein and @CuChoinneach can still be found easily via a link. You already have the GUI mods linked.

We just don't want players faced with a wall of announcements when they come to this forum searching for the information they need or want to discuss.

If you have a thread stickied in this forum that you would like linked somewhere specific, please post here and let me or @lmnevese know.
    Ok. I'll rename the thread. But maybe a fourth sticky with announcements link would make things clearer?
    Yeah! we can do that. We just want to keep the amount of pinned announcement threads to the bare minimum.
    edited May 2013
    @Cuv I have created the announcement thread.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18908/mod-announcements-and-modder-recruitment

but I am in doubt where I would fit the TeamBG and Spellhold announcement threads. Any idea?
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I wouldn't worry about stickying those. I'm sure Solaufein and I can just bump them with new posts when we have news. :)
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Could we maybe have a Mod News forum?
    JUST announcements for mods, with links to mod discussion threads in the announcement posts?

Then people could search that forum for news on their favorite mod, and come to this forum to discuss mods and modding in general.
    Okay, thread have been un-announced. Leaving three for now. Could still use a bit more consolidation.

And with that... will un-announce THIS thread, heh