Skip to content

Anybody here play DDO?

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
They are releasing an expansion with Forgotten Realms material. Apparently, according to this expansion, Cormyr is a city, not a country. Or that there is a city in Cormyr named... Cormyr. ::Scratches head.:: MMMkay, whatever! And it has a pre-order bonus, a special dungeon that explains much of the backstory of the expansion's storyline. That makes it sound like players are going to miss out on some of the lore if they don't pre-order. Hunh, well, just another reason not to pick up DDO or the new expansion, although I am not particularly interested in MMOs to begin with.
SCARY_WIZARD

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    TESO looks like it might actually be good. If that isn't good I don't have much hope left in mmos.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I did, but got bored of it not long after. I think I got to the second city and stopped playing.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I play from time to time.
    Also, they have already released a fair amount of forgotten relams material with the last expansion.

To be honest, I'm sure they would rather have set the game in forgotten realms rather than ebberon had they been given a choice by wotc originally.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited May 2013
    @ajwz Yeah, not many people seem to even REMEMBER Eberron. I remember it for the Warforged, and I think there was a novel for it and a bunch of sourcebooks. I rarely see them, though.
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Pre-order bonuses? That alone is enough to make me lose my interest.
    If you are interested about the payment and content structuring for DDO, I can talk a little bit about it if you like.
    Basically the preordering bonus won't mean you miss out on getting the preorderign content later on.

DDO uses turbine points to purchase additions to a free to play game.

They generally release content in the form of modules of quest chains of 3-8 quests.
    In the case of expansions, they'll release something like 4-5 of these quest chains and a bunch of new town areas too.

The preorder bonus is likely to be a module which if you don't preorder, you'll have to pay for seperately.

If you are in any way curious about it, I recommend just downloading the base game since it it free to play. You'll quickly come to understand how it differs from the mojority of mmo's by being purely instance based.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I like a bit of Dido. But I have been listening to Daft Punk lately.
    DJKajurulolien
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I've played Eberron for a while, and although the scenario is very well designed and interesting , the features of a multiplayer world (replay dungeon for more XP, "protagonists" everywhere) made me llose interest.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Anduin said:

I like a bit of Dildo. But I have been listening to Daft Punk lately.

Fixed.
    Btw, don't even bother with neverwinter. It's a waste of bandwidth.
    Awong124 said:

Anduin said:

I like a bit of Dildo. But I have been listening to Daft Punk lately.

Fixed.
    Please... For the love of Bhaal. Tell me I wrote "I love a bit of Dido..." and that you are having fun with me @Awong124 . I hate spell checkers. They can get you in trouble.

Now reading the thread properly. I love the forgotten realms campaign setting. But can anyone tell me what DDO stands for?

@Ajwz - Blasphemy! I played BG first. Then Neverwinter, mainly for the multiplay-ability. Now if BG:EE can sort out the multiplayer... then. AND ONLY THEN! Neverwinter will be a waste of bandwidth and possibly hard drive space... IMHO
    Awong124lolien
    :p
    by neverwinter, I meant the new Neverwinter MMO. Not NWN1 and 2, which were both pretty good in thier own ways.
    Anduin
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Anduin Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    @LadyRhian I completely got this thread wrong... i will have a nose...