Skip to content

Weapon/weapons for a Blackguard?

Hey,
I am now thinking about a playthrough with a Blackguard which I may use keeper to make into an elf, maybe.
But the question is this: What kind of weapon/or weapon style should I go for?

I have been thinking about halberds and then go for two-handed weapon style but then a pair of long swords with two weapon style may also be great... Or maybe one longsword(or other) together with the dagger of venom?

Please help me with what type of weapon I should go for! And the help is absolutely not limited to what I was thinking about, if you know about a better type of weapon for a Blackguard please share!

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I have no idea.

For Paladins its easy because there's a holy two handed sword in the second game. Or a bastard sword if you prefer that.

Without knowing what kind of blackguard only weapons may come along the best you could go for is picking whatever you like and running with it.

Maces are often considered "evil" weapons for whatever reason. And there's always a goodly number of longswords. Axes are another weapon usually used by evil characters thematically.

If you're turning your guy into an elf you get bonuses to swords, so you might wanna do Longswords and Maces or Hammers so you have two types of damage at your disposal (Slashing and Blunt).
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited May 2013
    I also created a Blackguard. Shelved him for a while till I finish monk playthrough.
    But I'd go for dual wielding Long Swords and later possibly Bastard Swords too.
    There are some good ones in BG1 (Varscona, Albruin) and some very good ones for BG2, with other special spells and effects, rather than boring (+2 to THAC0 and +2 to damage)

And, Dorn is already using Two-Handers, so it'd be a waste if they collided.

Some people prefer crushing damage and flails/maces (as they are very powerful in BG2), but I like Swords and I would say a Blackguard lives with a blade.
    Apart from that - it's up to you. Most weapon categories have some good items.
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    I remember finding a blackguard only sword in he original bg series once. A two hander. Maybe they'll update it now that blackguard is actually a real class. It was called antipaladin back then tho. I'd go dual wield. There are always great long swords, maybe scimitars also. I love bg2 bastard swords and axes
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Darts are actually pretty good on a blackguard. Mix darts with poison weapon and things will die... Fast.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Clubs....Gnasher and Blackblood just ooze Blackguard....