Skip to content

hps

My F/M just levelled up from 2/2 to 3/2 but their hp hardly increased. Is that because they had a bad roll? I though hp in BG was a fixed amount per level? I don't like reloading when things don't work (like learning a scroll), but hp are vital.

Comments

• FyshFysh Member Posts: 25
    Should I reload?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Remember your HP are just half what you'd get with each class. So in a level up you can get up to 5 + half your constitution bonus when levelling as a fighter and 2 + half your constitution bonus as a mage. Odd constitution bonus are compensated every time you gain 2 levels, so if you have a +3 bonus, you'll get +1 in your first level and +2 in your second.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @Fysh. To get maximum hit points you can change your game difficulty setting to Normal before leveling up. After you level up, you can change the difficulty back again to reflect the challenge that you want.
  • FyshFysh Member Posts: 25
    Thanks. I reloaded a couple of times and got different results so there is definitely a random roll. Seems most I can gain is 7. First time I had a gain of 3 which is the lowest possible. Currently got a gain of 5. Probably will keep that.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    hp rolls of multiclass are hard to count because it 1/2 for multi with 2 classes and 1/3 with multi with 3 classes and bonus hp from high conc is still added after 1/2 or 1/3 multiplayer