Skip to content

POWERWHEEL/SPELLWHEEL (BG:EE,BG2:EE)

brusbrus Member Posts: 944
edited June 2013 in Feature Requests
I've made a request for this mod but maybe you could implement this in next patch.
So, my wish is to pop up POWERWHEEL with spells with only a single button. POWERWHEEL could be circular or rectangular. This way combat will be more fluid and better .
Thx
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    I have no idea what a power-wheel is.

Can you explain it?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2013
    For example for ME
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Powerwheel.jpg
    In BG there are tons of spells and powerwheel or spellwheel would be nice addition.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think a more common term for it would be "radial menu".

I personally would prefer it if they stuck with the current layout.
    edited June 2013
    Yes, radial menu for spells whit a single button. Could this be made as a mod for BG:EE.
    I would like that developers integrate this in BG2:EE.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If it could be implemented easily, I'd be all for it.

But considering, I think it'd be more trouble than it's worth.
  • DeisDeis Member Posts: 25
    What would really be great is if they implemented extra hotbars when holding shift or alt. Neverwinter Nights does this perfectly. It is absolutely essential for any caster type playing in multiplayer.
    Deis said:

What would really be great is if they implemented extra hotbars when holding shift or alt. Neverwinter Nights does this perfectly. It is absolutely essential for any caster type playing in multiplayer.

Or this, it doesn't have to be classic radial menu. Something new for better gameplay is welcome.

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2013
    As long as it has customizable buttons, I don't see why not...especially if based on the NWN version...

On the other hand, just stealing IWD2 fully modular interface would likely be even better and probably easier to implement, since BG and IWD2 both use the infinity engine. (Torment's worked...but had a clunky feel to it).
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Torment's resolution was so terrible back in the day you could barely see anything outside of like 10 feet of your character.

I'm all for additional hotkey menus with alt and shift. Which button highlights containers though in BGEE? Isn't it alt? Might be tab but I think tab is IWD. At any rate even one additional hotbar would be cool.

Temple of Elemental Evil also had the radial menus, though I never really played it much perhaps someone else could pipe in on how it worked or didn't there for the OPs benefit..
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2013
    They were alright. The default was context sensitive, with several actions based on the target (Combat maneuvers like tripping or grappling when selecting an enemy, or being able to pick full defense, defensive casting, allotting power-attack/expertise/defender benefits, stuff like that when click on your character, or you could quick access your spells or items.
    Do here lurk some game devs so they can make this happen ?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    devs have said all feature requests will at least be looked at
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    All requests are looked at. All bug reports are checked and, if not already reported in the bug tracker, reported with a link to the original thread.

Of course not all requests will be implemented and some reported bugs may actually have already been fixed in the current beta.
    edited August 2013
    What about spellslot just like in Dragon age origins?
    It would be great.