Skip to content

But how do I install them?

ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
edited June 2013 in General Modding
Stupid question, probably, but I can't find an answer anywhere at all.

Most of the mods just come with a bunch of folders containing a bunch of files: no installer or anything. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with them, just dump them to some folder somewhere? Which one? Why hasn't this stuff been made clear? Why do only older mods, made for BG2 and TuTu, contain detailed instructions?

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well... If a Mod has a .tp2 file... That's what you'll need for installing them...

I have no idea how to use weidu through a command promt, so I've gone for a lazy workaround...

First you download Weidu, should be easy enough to find with google...

Place it in the BG:EE folder

Copy your Dialog.tlk from the lang\en_US folder to the base folder, rename the original one

Drag the .tp2 file of the mod onto the weidu.exe

It should install it, then move the dialog.tlk back to it's original folder.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    None of the mods I have downloaded contain anything with the .tp2 suffix.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Chow If the mods just have a bunch of files with no weidu installer just drop them all in verride. They will work even if they are portrait packs.

Which mods did you want to install? Maybe I can give some more specific help.
    Curses!, Mr. Pennyway's Cosmetic Changes, Giving NPCs Classkits (the only one with an installer), Drizzt Randomization, and Revised World Map.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Looked at them. They're all simple override mods.
    Hokay, thanks.

It'd be nice if this were all said somewhere instantly visible, though.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    As embarrassing as this is to admit, I am only just now sticking my toe into the water of WeiDU. Although I am using ConTEXT as my editor and I am following the various tutorials I have found online, at best my file--just an item for now--will run but actually do nothing and at worst it tells me that I have a parsing error at line 1 column 1. I am uncertain what minor detail I have overlooked but there must be one or the item would already be installed. Pointers?