Skip to content

Cannot change area or talk to NPCs

blazeroniblazeroni Member Posts: 4
edited June 2013 in Not An Issue
I cannot change areas or talk to NPCs for any save I have nor for brand new games. I've tried re-installing, clearing caches, etc. but to no avail. It started happening when I brought my party to the Temple to revive Kagain. Then I swapped some inventory around and tried to leave. At that point every game I had stopped letting me transition areas regardless of what save I was using, and starting a brand new game is no different.

Any known workarounds?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Can you attached a save game where you experienced this issue, please?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited June 2013
    Try clicking the commands really fast, or lowering your fps to 30 if you had previously set it higher. If this works, the problem may be the result of an issue that was hotfixed awhile back, although I'm not sure whether Steam got the fix.
  • blazeroniblazeroni Member Posts: 4
    This isn't isolated to any save game file. A brand new game has the same problems. Nonetheless, I've attached the game where the problem first happened.

I'm not using the steam version of the game, so I should have all the fixes.

It's really weird because the game worked fine for a while and is now completely unplayable. Maybe there's some setting somewhere that I need to change. Is there a list of files that BGEE installs? I'd like to entirely remove it from my system and start from scratch.
    Also, my fps is set at 30. Changing it doesn't have any effect on the bug.
    Well, this is embarrassing. Without going into too much detail: PEBCAK. Game works fine - apparently my brain had the bug.