Skip to content

Possibilities for a Baldur's Gate 'App'

EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
Just a suggestion, and I don't know if it's been mentioned before - but what would be the possibilities for an iPad App for Baldur's Gate?

What I mean by this is: An outside of game application that allows iPad players to upload their favourite portraits into Baldur's Gate. It could also allow an easy way in which players can transfer BG:EE save files over to BG2:EE, or even record their own voice sets using other apps? It could also be used for the android version when that comes out.

The possibilities are limitless, which may include links to the BG Wiki, this forum, maps and walkthroughs.

I found something similar for Skyrim, which I used extensively whilst playing the game on Xbox.

Really, I don't know how difficult this would be, or if it's even plausible, or even if the dev's already have plans in place for something similar - I just had a eureka moment and thought i'd share =)

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @EntropyXII programs in the IPad are sandboxed meaning an external program can't change anything inside the BGEE app. So it's not possible for an external program to manage pictures, install mods or backup saves, for instance.

A database about the game could be done and actually there's one out there for Android devices.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @mlnevese - ahhh that's a shame! I thought for a second I had a good idea there!