Skip to content

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gazod, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's probably the Super Ultimate Portrait Pack. Honestly, though, I have no idea.

No site where those exact images are shown (although varying in size) appear to have a download link, so there is no way to know for sure.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    After poking around and reading google translations... I have come to the conclusion that the person did not release this pack of portraits... Besides, it's from 2009, before BG:EE came out, so you wouldn't be able to use them for it all that well... I suppose one could try downloading the image sets and scale them so the portaits are 210 x 330 and using programs to keep at least some form of quality.
  • GazodGazod Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for your help guys. Its such a shame cause there is some really good portraits there. You guys know where i could find some portrait packs that have ones similar to that link?

I tried the Super Ultimate Portrait Pack, but it wasn't the same.
    edited June 2013
    I like the 3 golden knight looking dudes on the far left, they all look similar. You guys know where i could get them from?
    @Gazod, two on the first row - first and third images - and the first image on the second row are from here.

All of the non-anime/cartoonish images are apparently made by the same artist. The artist's name is Justin Sweet (alternate). I can't vouch for the rest in the portrait 'pack'.

From left to right on row one, aside from those already mentioned: #2 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    edited June 2013
    @gazod Those three are from NWN/NWN2. Ignoring the anime ones, the rest look suspiciously like they came from the old Portrait Portal. The Wayback Machine could be your friend here.
    Well, the person seems to have a newer blog at http://halberd.blog.ocn.ne.jp/akira_hp/

It's still japanese and you may want it translated, but if the portraits do get released, it'll likely end up there...
    Cheers for the help guys. Also does anybody have a better quality picture of this picture?
    edited June 2013
    And on a last note, is there a mod or program that can change these photos, to match the style above?

If that cant be done then if anybody has pics of knights/paladin type portraits, please post. My whole party is 3 kit paladins, 2 kit fighters and a fighter/cleric.
    So I'm looking for pictures that all look similar in style of paladin/knight/fighters
    edited June 2013
    Well, there is http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19194/bg-portraits-creator

Though you can just use any program that can open 24-Bit BMPs and resize pictures...

And there is a sizeable collection of portraits at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8413/bg-ee-custom-portraits-dropbox-compiled-with-2300-sets-soundsets-section-also/p1
    @Gazod, the enlarged image can be found on the same site (first column, second row), direct link here.
    Thanks for all the help. I've got 5 pictures together at the moment for my group. All i need now is a HD or bigger version of this icewind dale picture for my berserker (I've look on Google but had no luck)

Once I've found it I'll post my 6 group portraits and see what you guys think.
    Icewind Dale 2 actually uses the same size for Large Portaits as BG:EE, 210 x 330, that picture as long as it's in the right format could be used in BG:EE.
    edited June 2013
    @Gazod, that would be a modified version of this. Where the original was more of a concept. I can't find anything higher in resolution of that image you have there. Most are around 220x330 or less.

Which would mean if want a higher resolution version, you'll have to edit the image yourself (all images belong to Justin Sweet, so I assume there could be a potential copyright issue if you want to upload later as your own work/modification)
    Cheers for the help again. I wasn't going to upload them as my own work, was just going to show which portraits i had chosen for my 6 man party in BB:EE