Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Chronicles... In Color!

CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
Right, that's enough messing around for now. I think I've done enough to have gotten the hang of things now, so time to begin my new big Poser project. This thread is for re-imaginings of actual scenes from the BG Saga. Other random stuff I'll put in my other threads.

This is hopefully going to be a sort of picture diary showing important scenes, battles, companions etcetera from the games. if there's any particular scene you'd like me to try, do let me know and maybe I'll stick it on the list. To save me the bother of trying to decide on what bhaalspawn to use, I'm going to try and make it as if all the pictures are taken from the protagonists point of view.

Imoen: Oh... heya! It's you... I mean me!

Aerie: I can see that.

Imoen: No... it's another me. From when I was younger... 'fore I even met you. Charname must have done this... they used to carry this little imp round with 'em to quickly paint pictures wherever they went.

Aerie: I-is that Candlekeep? And Gorion...

Imoen: Yup! That was... that was the day our adventure began... the day I left home...

Aerie: I'm sorry... do you want me to put it away?

Imoen: Nah... it's fine. Heh... I remember Hull had been drinking all the night before. Fer some reason he kept telling everyone they shouldn't feed porcupine meat to a baby... don't know how that came up. Then one of the monks kept murmuring that the cows were looking fer revenge and something had to be done to stop them, 'til ol'Puffguts said he was scaring the guests and had to leave. Those were good days.

Aerie: You must miss them.

Imoen: Yeah, but I wanted to see more of the world. And hey, now I know all you guys, so it's not all been bad.

---

Also, if anyone happens to know where there's a good set of spiky armor and big skull helmet for Poser figures, please let me know that. I suppose I could take the jaw and skull from one of my skeleton figures and morph it… oh, and stop trying to look down her top. She's your sister.

Comments

• LisaralinLisaralin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 258
    Imoen looks adorable here :)
    And interesting project we have here! Good luck with it!
    Are you going to show also scenes or characters from the Enhanced Edition?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited June 2013
    Lisaralin said:

Imoen looks adorable here :)
    And interesting project we have here! Good luck with it!
    Are you going to show also scenes or characters from the Enhanced Edition?

It's quite possible... I think I probably will. I mean, I want to try and show every companion at least once.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @Coutelier. Absolutely beautifully done. Anyone who chooses to go solo after this image, needs some serious help.
    franco said:

@Coutelier. Absolutely beautifully done. Anyone who chooses to go solo after this image, needs some serious help.

Thank you. :) Don't know now whether I should do any more around Candlekeep, like maybe Imoen and Winthrop, or push on with the main plot... personally, I'd like to do a battle scene. :)
    Gorion's last battle to save charaname, perhaps?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited June 2013
    Imoen is adorable. :DStupid sexy sister.

If you can't get anything to work for Sarevok, you could always do like...some sort of weird perspective where CHARNAME can only see Gorion and Sarevok from over their shoulder, far away.
    Maybe the decisive battle between Imoen, CHARNAME, and those two wolves who insist on feasting on ogres, bandits, and sages. Or those bears by Chase that I keep bothering for experience points.

You're one of the people I watch who says they're going to do something like this, and totally carries it out, all the way.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    I don't know if it's possible with the program you're using, @Coutelier, but you might consider using the Baldur's Gate: Reloaded Sarevok model.

Imoen is adorable. :DStupid sexy sister.

If you can't get anything to work for Sarevok, you could always do like...some sort of weird perspective where CHARNAME can only see Gorion and Sarevok from over their shoulder, far away.
    Maybe the decisive battle between Imoen, CHARNAME, and those two wolves who insist on feasting on ogres, bandits, and sages. Or those bears by Chase that I keep bothering for experience points.

You're one of the people I watch who says they're going to do something like this, and totally carries it out, all the way.

Thank you. I had been planning on showing something of Charnames and Imoens first wolf encounter.
    Malicron said:

I don't know if it's possible with the program you're using, @Coutelier, but you might consider using the Baldur's Gate: Reloaded Sarevok model.

I'd thought about; I'm sure it's probably possible to export models from the game and import them into Poser. But I'd need permission from whoever made them and besides I'm not even sure if I still have my Neverwinter Nights anymore.

But in any case, I have made a basic helm for Sarevok already, which is basically just a wide open skull with some horns and sharp teeth stuck on it. :) I'm not sure how good it would look up close, but he will be somewhat in the distance in the first shot so hopefully it'll be okay. :)

Gorion in action :D
    I like the swirl of his robe as he turns to face the enemies.
    Lisaralin said:

Gorion in action :D
    I like the swirl of his robe as he turns to face the enemies.

Thank you. :) His robes are a nightmare, to be honest; any long robe robe or skirt can become difficult to work with when the characters legs bend a little, so I'm just glad it turned out okay. :)
    This is so... I can't find the words to say how much I like it! :D
    It's simple, but really lovely :) I love Imoen's sweet expression and the perspective of the picture!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Awesome pics as usual.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    I think this is my favorite so far.
    Lisaralin said:

This is so... I can't find the words to say how much I like it! :D
    It's simple, but really lovely :) I love Imoen's sweet expression and the perspective of the picture!

Thank you! :) I was a bit worried that because it's such a different perspective and low focal length compared to other pictures, people might think it was a different character. :D

Awesome pics as usual.

Malicron said:

I think this is my favorite so far.

Thank you both! Next time, Imoen and Charname wander through the woods, encountering wild animals, and then two almost-too-friendly looking characters...
    edited July 2013
    D'awww! Who could be mean to her? :3
    Seriously, who.
    She's feeding the wolf her arm. That's actually a really good technique! Keep it away from your throat.
    edited July 2013
    The first wolves are the most terrible enemies... it's hard when you are only a poor scared level 1 adventurer lost in the wilderness... :P

She's feeding the wolf her arm. That's actually a really good technique! Keep it away from your throat.

Wish I could say she'd planned it deliberately... she probably raised her arm instinctively, and the wolf bit into it. But yeah, it's given her an opportunity to thrust up with her knife and hopefully kill it.
    Lisaralin said:

The first wolves are the most terrible enemies... it's hard when you are only a poor scared level 1 adventurer lost in the wilderness... :P

Is it odd that later I start missing the 'days' when bears and wolves were a considerable threat to the Bhaalspawn? (At least bears you could go around).
    edited July 2013
    @Coutelier I'm curious... have you already decided which characters will be in the party in this chronicle?
    Lisaralin said:

@Coutelier I'm curious... have you already decided which characters will be in the party in this chronicle?

Not really... I mean, Imoen will be there throughout it all of course, and Aerie when it finally gets to BG2 (although for my own pleasue, she might get a cameo at the Nashkell fair). For the most part I guess it'll be the standard party of Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir.

But like I said I want to show every official (Bioware and Beamdog) companion at least once, and if they have a quest associated with them they'll obviously be around for all of that. Neera, for example... but then she might reappear again if I think she's suitable for any particular other scene. So it's a little loose... maybe just a huge party with everyone hanging around waiting to be recruited as the mission warrants... although some things of course develop on their own (Xzar/Montaron and Jaheira/Khalid will likely come into conflict at some point).
    So, you plan to do BG2, too? Yeah^^ I'm very happy!!
    Thank you for the explanations :)
    Lisaralin said:

So, you plan to do BG2, too? Yeah^^ I'm very happy!!
    Thank you for the explanations :)

Eventually, I hope. But it's a very, very long way away yet... we're still right at the start of BG1. These pictures usually take about a day each to produce (it depends on a lot of things; like I hadn't made Sarevok or Gorion before, although now that I have I can reuse them as much as I want), and obviously I'll have to take breaks now and then to work on other things.
    Of course :) I didn't mean to make you feel under pressure :)
    Take your time, you have to do this because you enjoy it, not to please us! :)
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    This is great You should be famous. You should get the rights to make an Animation movie of BG!!!

This is great You should be famous. You should get the rights to make an Animation movie of BG!!!

Well, if you don't mind waiting another ten years for my computer to render all the frames... :) Thanks!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    That is a great depiction of that scene! I'd never imagined it like that. Also Montaron now reminds me of vampire Bill.