Skip to content

Was it worth it? No.

13»

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535

New areas: A bit of wilderness - sure, I'm all for it. Just give it 5 more hours so it doesn't look like a rat's ass. As for Neera's level - try posting something like that say, at Conceptart forum, even as a newbee work and wait for comments. You'd be in a bit of surprise.

I am surprised that someone in the gaming industry would post something like this. This is pure vitriol and has no basis in reality. As you are well aware, all new artwork must be vetted and determine if it matches the design of the game before inclusion. In this case, the new area artwork needs to maintain the look and feel of the original areas in the game, and they do. You, of all people, know how much time is spent on artwork, so claiming that if they spent 5 more hours on something it would measure up to your standards.

If these comments had been made by just anyone on the forums, they would be overlooked as ignorance and just opinion, which is fine. But in your opening post you identify yourself. You should have remained anonymous.

Carry on

• VishnuVishnu Member Posts: 66

2 Scooter: Win7, i7, 12GB RAM = 8 seconds total
    2 zur312: GOG BG page lists the core install modules
    2 Vishnu: I like your comparison to a rope. I have a better definition: bait and switch.

2 the emotional ones: if someone buys, say a Whirlpool dishwasher at Future Shop and gives it a 1 star review based on a personal experience - is this consumer a troll? According to you, yes.

So next time your brakes squirt fluid, please don't bitch about the warranty. Hey, cut the maker some slack - making good stuff is hard, isn't it?

New areas: A bit of wilderness - sure, I'm all for it. Just give it 5 more hours so it doesn't look like a rat's ass. As for Neera's level - try posting something like that say, at Conceptart forum, even as a newbee work and wait for comments. You'd be in a bit of surprise.

I'm disappointed that I kinda defended (not agreed though) your original post from the trolling accusations after your later replies.

Ah well, my mistake.
  • scrawnypawsscrawnypaws Member Posts: 11
    I'm an impulsive person and I know it. If you think I was overly harsh - point taken - I agree all this could have been said in a milder tone. It was not my intention to offend this community. I offer my apologies to those who feel offended by the tone.

But I do have high standards, can't stand sloppy work and do feel strongly about it. However, there's nothing more to discuss. I suggest we close the subject.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Very well, will close this topic.
This discussion has been closed.