Skip to content

THE COUNT DOWN BEGINS!!!!!!

The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
http://www.baldursgate.com/

30 hrs 23 min and its here!

Comments

• The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    Just to temper enthusiasm, the timer is not to launch, we still have a fair bit of outstanding work to do for #bgee to be great.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

nvm...... should have checked first...... sorry
  • MRCHalifaxMRCHalifax Member Posts: 1
    What is it counting down towards?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    News.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    i cant see a timer when i go to the site :(
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    @byrne20
    Try different browser, it doesnt work with old explorer for example
  • The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2012
    Tanthalas said:

News.

I got a little excited and didnt think about the text...... I just saw a count down lol......
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    Perhaps this is a count down to when they will announce an actual release date? Or, perhaps they are announcing a deal to be able to do BG2? Planescape: Torment? Maybe pre-orders will open up when the count down is finished? :)
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    Looks like it's a countdown to news about the release date and price since the questions on the page says
    When can I get it?
    What does it cost?
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    edited July 2012
    Yeah. That would be sweet. Then I can cross out two weeks of my calendar in advance.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Finaly some movement! hate to say it but i already lost most of my will to browse the over-bloated forums.

about time we get some info :) yay!
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I thought I read somewhere already that BGEE would cost about 10 bucks or so? Might have been one of Trents tweets.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Konabuga said:

I thought I read somewhere already that BGEE would cost about 10 bucks or so? Might have been one of Trents tweets.

As far as we know, it regards only to the Ipad version of the game

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Xasil said:

Looks like it's a countdown to news about the release date and price since the questions on the page says
    When can I get it?
    What does it cost?

I also expect it to talk about what BGEE includes since the first question is "What is BGE?".
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    I curse you timer! Your last arrival in our lands (announcement) brought us our personal time of troubles (crashed website) leaving our dear land (website) ravaged and broken.
    Save some tin food guys, this time we should be prepared
  • OrfuOrfu Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    There's a new quote in the page source code as well, in case you haven't seen it..:

July 23, 2012

"Evil" is a term wept by the weak and the defeated. What have I done? I have cleansed the world of a band of treacherous dogs.
    Post edited by Orfu on
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    A timer to news? What has gaming come to? More importantly, why does it make me excited?
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    release date will be annonced as well as price, it,s enough for you?
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    I gues release will be around 20th september, and price will be 10$. Should be quite accurate
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    as long as they don't annonce that the game will be pushed back to december lol
  • xan212xan212 Member Posts: 65
    Or... it's a timer of: The end of the World! :)
    New announcement!
    Give as a trailer or screen shots... A taste of music... Something...
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I really do hope I'm not getting excited for nothing. There should be screenshots.
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    I was really, really hoping this would come out before school starts, as I want to actually teach my students something, rather than just sit behind the desk, secretly playing bgee on my laptop, shouting at kids: JUST DRAW SOMETHING ERMGERHRD
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Let's not forget that there are two more portraits incorporated into the portrait background on the main screen! A staff-wielding girl and a half-orc. More NPCs, you guys! I can't wait to hear more about them! :)
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Last time Bioware did such a timer, it turned out to be a huge disappointment :)
  • CatraCatra Member Posts: 2
    So I am assuming this timer is for information. Shame... Want it NOW!! ><
  • Lions_fanLions_fan Member Posts: 19
    Can't wait! I bought Diablo 3 hoping it would be similar to BG (to save you the frustration and $60, it's not). Been waiting years for more to come!
  • MikkazMikkaz Member Posts: 1
    I just heard about this and am so excited !! 14 hrs 41 mins to go!