Skip to content

Which swords do elves get a bonus for using?

The in-game description for elves says they get a THAC0 bonus for using long swords, but it appears they also get the same bonus for using 2-handed swords and even short swords.

Is this a bug? Or do elves get bonuses for using any form of bladed weapon? Do they also get a bonus for using katanas and scimitars?

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    From what I know of, in BG2 due to bugs, they recieved the bonus with every kind of sword... And it might be the same in BGEE
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Elves currently get a bonus for all swords, but they should get one only for long and short swords.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Jalily said:

Elves currently get a bonus for all swords, but they should get one only for long and short swords.

Will this be allowed to remain, or will it be "corrected" on a future patch (assuming there are any)?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Now elves really get bonuses to THACO when using any type of sword: katanas, scimitars, even two-handed...

It deserves to mention, though, this bonus does NOT affect daggers.

According to Aedan's answer here, the next patch will fix this bug and elves will be getting bonuses to THACO only when using long and short swords.

Also, elves have bonuses to THACO when using long and short bows (this will remain intact).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Personally I think Elves should get either just a bonus to long swords and long/short bows, or a bonus to long swords, bastard swords, scimitars, katanas, two handed swords, and any other sword that does slashing damage (as well as their bow bonus).
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I believe currently there is no bonus to shortswords though? Only swords that previously went in the Large Swords skillgroup?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    I just checked. Elves do currently get a bonus to using short swords.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Elven swords.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @elminster , the "short" sword at the paperdoll is as big as the elf's arm!