Skip to content

Can't Identify With Thief/Mage, Wearing No Armor, Right Clicking Item To Identify; Memorized/Rest

ace1234ace1234 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2013 in Not An Issue
Yep

I can't seem to be able to identify any of my blue items. I just dual classed at level two to a thief mage. As the title of the thread states, I am not wearing armor, I am right clicking to identify item in inventory, I have memorized and rested, but both are scroll and spell are greyed out.

Not sure if this is a bug, but there seems to be no solution on the internet. I've found one other thread in a forum with the same problem as me, but it wasn't resolved.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Did you dual from a mage to a thief or vice versa? When you dual class, you lose the abilities of your first class until you are at least one level higher in your second class. So if you dualed to a thief at mage level 2, you won't be able to cast any spells until you're thief level 3.
  • ace1234ace1234 Member Posts: 4
    I went from a thief to a mage. So I should be able to cast my spell.
    Please, if anybody knows what is wrong, help me because I would love to continue playing this game!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps your lore was so high that you already identified the item just by looking at it? You would not be able to cast the spell if the item were identified. Also, the blue item needs to be in the inventory of the mage who wants to cast identify. You can't identify items in other people's inventories.
    Tresset said:

Perhaps your lore was so high that you already identified the item just by looking at it? You would not be able to cast the spell if the item were identified. Also, the blue item needs to be in the inventory of the mage who wants to cast identify. You can't identify items in other people's inventories.

I just wanted to thank you so much!! I can't believe it was overlooked. I didn't even think to try it! Thanks again!!