Skip to content

Ranged weapons question

So let me get this straight; bows, crossbows, and slings incur a penalty at melee range but throwing axes, daggers, and darts do not. Strength adds damage bonus to axes and daggers and dex adds to-hit for all ranged weapons. Does this sum it up?
I think dex should add damage for daggers since they are more of an accuracy driven weapon than an impact weapon like a throwing axe. I wonder if there is a simple way to mod that?

Comments

• karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    If i recall correctly strength bonuses is applied to slingdamage. I'm unsure if strength however does apply to darts and throwingaxes.
  • gmangman Member Posts: 2
    I thought that was just for the sling of seeking?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    The sling of seeking is the only sling in the game with that stated on it. But there should be 2 more slings that also have strenght modifier without stating it.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Everad's Sling is supposed to have it listed as well (it's there, just not listed in the description), (it's mentioned in the collectors edition errata).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    As it stands in BG1:EE all slings, throwing axes, and throwing daggers do get strength bonus to damage. Not sure what will happen in BG2:EE as there is some debate as to what will be done about the slings and such.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited July 2013
    loook at crossbow of speed
    adds apr
    could use bolts of biting (+max 30 posion dmg)
    or bolts of lighting +4d4

not bad
    or use it with combination with assasins/blackguard posion