Skip to content

Wizard Slayer "Miscast Magic" Ability

EejitEejit Member Posts: 55
edited July 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Expected behaviour:
According to the kit description the WS has 10% stacking casting penalty on hit, no duration limit stated (and iirc from BG2 it was indefinite in practice?)

Current behaviour:
The Wizard Slayer has a stacking 25% miscast chance applied, it lasts for only a matter of rounds (3? 4? The spell file lists time as "30" idk what that's meant to mean) if you do not reapply.

Fix: adjust either kit description or SPCL 133/132 so behaviour matches text.

Evidence:
Created then edited a WS with EE Keeper to have 4APR, 0 THAC0 and low str, given dagger and sent to whack Firebead for various numbers of strikes, various pauses between attacking. Observed spell failure.
Also see SPCL 132 in NearInfinity - gives 25 as value whereas the miscast magic spell and Bala's Axe give 80 for the same effect. Duration not listed as "Permanent". This seems to line up with experimental results.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Good catch! 25% is wrong so I'll report it.

I am certain, however, that the effect is not supposed to be permanent. The duration of 30 is in seconds I believe so that would make the duration 3 rounds.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Duration is measured in seconds, but one round is six seconds.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Oh. Whoops. I will make a mental note of that.
  • EejitEejit Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    Oh ok well maybe we could get a duration listed in description too :)

And duration on the Cleric spell effect is 90 iirc.
    Post edited by Eejit on
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Noticed the 10%/25% discrepancy browsing in Near Infinity yesterday.

And it seems like the effect should be longer than 30 seconds. Not permanent, since you can attack your party members. But several minutes. Long enough to be de facto permanent against enemy mages, including game bosses.