Skip to content

Intelligent look at gaming (TV)

MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
Writer and Journalist, Charlie Brooker produced this show a few years ago. If you would like to watch a one off TV programme about some history of gaming with some social commentary, You'll probably enjoy.

Not as good as his programmes about TV in general, but still good.

Post edited by Moomintroll on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Moomintroll The video won't play for me.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Tresset said:

@Moomintroll The video won't play for me.

Try this.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    If the link doesn't work, just type in www.youtube.com to the URL bar and add /watch?v=8QtS-7woh7g to the end.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited July 2013
    @Tresset Sorry, didn't check it was working after posting, should be ok now.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, the problem with the media looking at Video Games is they focus on the exceptions rather than majority...

All video games are violent? Yes, Commander Keen is extremely violent.

Gamers go insane and go shoot people on the streets? If they did where's all the action, it looks perfectly peaceful out there on the streets...
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    That guy around 14:30+ doesn't play GTA right :D
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Kaltzor: OMG! Commander Keen! I remember playing those games when I was young...I have been wondering for the correct spelling of the game's name, and you just gave it! Thank you so much! :D I also remember seeing my bro play Quake at some point, and even tho it was gory, I thought it was pretty cool for a shooter. And I agree, it just isn't true that games would turn people into murderers or psycho's...Most of those people who indeed go on the street killing people already had psychological/social problems to begin with. It's rarely the fault of games. Even though I think the producers of games like RapeLay should get into jail...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    lansounet said:

That guy around 14:30+ doesn't play GTA right :D

That would be my guess. I mean, genius, you stole a car and actually care about driving nicely and paying the highway toll? GOOD LORD go guns blazing and raze the idiots with a bazooka!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited July 2013
    Never trust a comedian! they'll say anything for the sake of a joke. (he is Dara O'Brien an Irish Standup)