Skip to content

Neera's Quest

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
Although I am playing the canon party primarily, my do-gooders party can hardly ignore the pleas of a frightened and persecuted young girl.

So is there any way I can help Neera without having to take her around for ages? I have just cleared Cloakwood and am about to storm Cloakwood Mines, and I'd really prefer to do it with Dynaheir around instead of Neera. Not only because Dynaheir is much stronger by this stage in my game, but also I do not want her to miss out on the xp points from the Mine.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well, first go get Neera and then if she doesn't tell you where to go right away then just rest in an inn until she does.

I think her dialog is on a timer so you may have to have her in the party for a little while before she asks you to go to her place but you don't actually have to be doing anything during that time. Also she only asks you to go to her place if you are over a certain level but you are probably far past that level already so don't worry about that.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Tresset said:

Well, first go get Neera and then if she doesn't tell you where to go right away then just rest in an inn until she does.

I think her dialog is on a timer so you may have to have her in the party for a little while before she asks you to go to her place but you don't actually have to be doing anything during that time. Also she only asks you to go to her place if you are over a certain level but you are probably far past that level already so don't worry about that.

Ah thanks, that worked! Although... Apart from timed quests like rescuing Dynaheir, is there anything else that is time dependent in BG? Like in Avernum 3 (another great RPG game) the towns start to deteriorate and people die off if you do nothing about the monster plagues afflicting the region. There is also an event that occurs around the 100th day regardless of whether you are ready or not.

• raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2013
    Im doing her quest now, fighting goblins in the cave :) hahaha she is the best, I threw a melf acid arrow and suddenly a big cow fell from the sky on the goblin leader.

ps! I ahvnt done the Cloakwood part yet, but im supposed to. So I guess your quest should start any second.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    There are several of timed quests in BG and plenty of timer run things in general; even more in BG2. Often times it is just one of the many tools the developers used to make stuff happen. I would say that about 70% of the time they don't run anything critical (no dying towns for instance, but lots of 100th day type of events). 20% of the time it is a party member's "Do this or I'm leaving." timer (usually a one time thing with plenty of warnings). The other 10% of the time it is something serious (finish quest or fail quest type of thing). In many cases there are quests (especially plot central quests) that imply a time limit when there actually isn't one and they are just trying to instill a sense of urgency.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Tresset said:

There are several of timed quests in BG and plenty of timer run things in general; even more in BG2. Often times it is just one of the many tools the developers used to make stuff happen. I would say that about 70% of the time they don't run anything critical (no dying towns for instance, but lots of 100th day type of events). 20% of the time it is a party member's "Do this or I'm leaving." timer (usually a one time thing with plenty of warnings). The other 10% of the time it is something serious (finish quest or fail quest type of thing). In many cases there are quests (especially plot central quests) that imply a time limit when there actually isn't one and they are just trying to instill a sense of urgency.

Ok well I decided to not bother with her quests in the end. I had to wait for 9 days before she mentioned the quest, and it all seems a lot of hassle for me to hang around doing nothing at the FAI. Also rather weird from a RP perspective.

Incidentally, as I am finally heading to Baldur's Gate now, I thought I'd pick up Dorn and finish his vengeance quest... but he just says 'You will soon see the error of your ways!' Does he refuse to join you if u abandon him, or is it just cos my reputation is too high?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102

Incidentally, as I am finally heading to Baldur's Gate now, I thought I'd pick up Dorn and finish his vengeance quest... but he just says 'You will soon see the error of your ways!' Does he refuse to join you if u abandon him, or is it just cos my reputation is too high?

Remember, those of evil alignments will leave your party if your reputation is higher than 18. Likewise, Dorn will refuse to join (as, if he were to, he would immediately leave again).