Skip to content

Chapter 7

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
As this is my first play-through, please no spoilers in any answers, but I do just want some general advice and nudging in the right direction.

So I have just emerged out of the catacombs beneath Candlekeep, and my journal offers little more advice than 'go to Baldur's Gate'. I travelled to the city, but of course all the Flaming Fists are after my ass (I never liked them anyway)... but being the law abiding citizen that I am, I agreed to be taken. Short conversation with the new commander... Dynaheir gets executed!

I reload, once more I am confronted by Flaming Fists... I kill them this time... as I suspected, big rep hit. So what am I supposed to do?

Also... I know TotSC is included in EE. Are the TotSC quests done after the main Sarevok quest or should I try to find a way to Ulgoth's beard and do TotSC quests before I try to hunt down Sarevok in Baldur's Gate?

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    totsc quest have to be done before sarevok quest (it ends game or you could start new game and go to totsc quest)

you have to hide from flaming fist

try going to sewers

try finding out where are your old allies in baldur's gate
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    If you choose to allow yourself to get arrested by the fist (which I always do when I play), try different dialog options with Angelo. I think only one of the options makes him kill a party member. After that all the fists in the city become hostile and you can use disabling spells like hold person and such on them to keep them busy or you could just make them go after a character with the boots of speed while the rest of the party sneaks by and then outrun them. If you got lucky enough to have found a scroll of invisibility 10' radius you could use that spell to avoid the fist entirely.

The TotSC quests are very challenging but rich in magic items. I try to do them ASAP so that I can get the most use out of the treasures found there (but thats just me). I also find them quite fun because of how challenging they are. You should definitely try the TotSC quests before finishing the game.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    you could finish the game and load last save before and just go with totsc quests
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    I usually do TotSC right after leaving the Candlekeep catacombs. But yeah, Saravok ends the game, so you must finish everything else first.

I usually just let myself get arrested on return to Baldur's Gate. And expect to do a lot of running and hiding after that.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited July 2013
    Thanks guys. I just found my way to Ulgoth's Beard, will do the TotSC quests before I return to the big city. In RP terms, I'll just pretend that my party decided to hide in the secluded village for a while to keep a low profile after what happened in Candlekeep.
    Tresset said:

The TotSC quests are very challenging but rich in magic items. I try to do them ASAP so that I can get the most use out of the treasures found there (but thats just me). I also find them quite fun because of how challenging they are. You should definitely try the TotSC quests before finishing the game.

OMG u mentioned it was challenging, so I was kinda prepared... but bloody hell! I didn't think there was an non-mage enemy I couldn't hack to pieces with Minsc, Khalid and Charname, but that Greater Wolfwere! It took a few reloads and throwing everything I had at it before the beast went down.

(Cloud Giant) Strength Potions, Potions of Power, Bless, Haste, Defensive Harmony, Woodland Being (died in moments), Stone Skin, Blurr, Mirror Image, Draw Upon Holy Strength... I thought only Sarevok deserved this in my final battle!

edited July 2013

Tresset said:

OMG u mentioned it was challenging, so I was kinda prepared... but bloody hell! I didn't think there was an non-mage enemy I couldn't hack to pieces with Minsc, Khalid and Charname, but that Greater Wolfwere! It took a few reloads and throwing everything I had at it before the beast went down.
    You think that guy is bad? Meh, he regenerates fast and that's about it. Just wait till you get to the Dulag's tower bosses and mini bosses.
    Tresset said:

Tresset said:

You think that guy is bad? Meh, he regenerates fast and that's about it. Just wait till you get to the Dulag's tower bosses and mini bosses.
    Well... the biggest problem was none of my weapons could actually hurt him, and I didn't realise this for a while... Of course after some research I realised how important the dagger in the 3rd level was, and also sent Imoen to pick up the Balduran's Sword whilst Khalid kept him busy. Even with 2 weapons that could hurt him, it wasn't too easy cos none of my characters had bastard sword or dagger proficiencies.

I'm guessing TotSC quests are actually harder than the Sarevok encounter, given the Sarevok battle was designed to be done with 89k xp cap.

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    I do think the end battles of Durlag's Tower are the hardest in the game. But don't underestimate Saravok!
    @atcDave I soloed Serevok with my wild mage (after my party took care of his minions). He isn't that bad. DK is supremely annoying though.