Skip to content

Do developers keep work on BG-EE/BG2-EE now ?

We all know contractual issue now , but base on some team members' comment ,

It looks like this issue will be solved someday ,

Can we expect there are couple new features had added into next patch after issue be closed ,

I mean this case may takes couple months for solve it , in this period developers still work something ? or all the people stop work to wait the final conclusion come out ?

Comments

• EejitEejit Member Posts: 55
    Nah, enjoying the sun. BBQs all day, every day.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Have you not been reading the forums at all?

The devs are not working on it, as there's no guarantee that anything they do will ever be released.
    There are several new features comming with the patch, new graphics renderer is one oft mentioned thing.
    Patch is not far from completion and it seems fairly clear it'll be ready within a couple of weeks after the issue has been resolved (If ever).

This was the status three weeks ago, last week, this week and probably will be for the next two weeks as well.

/apply lube of patience
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2013
    Well here is a tweet from a tenday ago:
    Twitter said:

Phillip Daigle ‏@daigledopple 5 Jul

#BGEE #BG2EE We are still alive and gears continue to turn. Progress is being made.

Maybe officially they stopped working on it, but we don't know for sure whats going on behind the scene.. they may work on it lightly, QA or not at all. Time will tell...

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Or maybe (and I daresay let's hope so) @PhillipDaigle was referring to the legal wrangling...
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Yeah ive been reading about all of this but haven't commented as of yet. Frankly there's nothing I can say that others haven't, and I'm pretty sure the situation is still "No work on BGEE/BG2EE until this is resolved".

Its a damn shame. When the next patch came out I was probably going to start my first run through of BGEE. Ive been holding off all this time, lol.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Summer time. Its party time.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    BGEE is still available on Steam though - doesn't that mean that the developers should keep working on it?
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Pay the royalties...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    Kharador said:

Pay the royalties...

That is presuming that they haven't been doing just that already.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    ambrennan said:

BGEE is still available on Steam though - doesn't that mean that the developers should keep working on it?

The devs have nothing to do with it being on Steam; that was all Atari. Also, even if they released a new patch, would it even make it to Steam in a reasonable amount of time? There was a decent delay even before, when Atari wasn't in the middle of bankruptcy.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    elminster said:

Kharador said:

Pay the royalties...

That is presuming that they haven't been doing just that already.
    Indeed.