Skip to content

Stuck on Island- In desparate need of help

rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
So I'm stuck on the island Shandalar sent me to. I've found the cloak, but somehow and somewhere I've lost the wardstone. I'm almost 100% sure it never showed up in my inventory, because I know I didn't drop it. So I'm standing outside with no wardstone and the cloak and no way to get back.

So naturally, I looked for the item in EE Keeper so I could give it back to me, but can't find it in the list for some reason.

So naturally, I tried to enable the debug console so I could teleport myself back anyways... but for some reason whenever I launch BG it overrides the .ini file with a new one. I've confirmed that the file saves the changes... they're just overridden every time I launch the game.

So now I'm just screwed and pissed off because it's an obnoxious quest and it's broken my game. Any help anyone could give would be fantastic.

Comments

• rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    Update: Forced the damn file to work by making it read only, but I can neither figure out the item code for the wardstone nor how to teleport my party back to the mainland. "Urge to kill rising."

Shandalar is going to get the shit kicked out of him if I ever find the mainland again.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    The item code for the wardstone is MISC2H

Apparently, you're not the only one who has had this problem: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14131/problem-with-shandalar-s-island
    @Mortianna Thanks kindly, going to try it now. I tried to search for others with the problem but somehow overlooked that thread- sorry 'bout that.
    edited July 2013
    Got it. This should probably get a look into by the devs when the current crapstorm blows over, as (unless I did something stupid that I'm not seeing) this is a hugely gamebreaking bug.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    There is like one person (Cuchol or something) that you can give the wardstone to in dialog. He quickly tries to kill you after doing so and it is expected that you loot it from him. I would be curious to know if this is what happened...
    I'm fairly confident I was an ass to him, but I'm certainly not going to discount my own stupidity as a plausible reason. In any case I got it sorted so hopefully it's just an outside case that we can discount if no one else has it (since the posts in above linked thread were pretty old).
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    I've had the same issue before in vanilla. I think what happens is you are never given the wardstone or you give the wardstone to the last mage but the game fails to transfer it to his inventory after you beat him. If you don't have an earlier save you're pretty much done with your game if that happens.

I *think* you can CLUA cheat the item into re-existence but I have no idea what the name of that particular wardstone would be unfortunately.